Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Broken Sword: 10th Year Anniversary Sale

http://www.astraware.com/promo/brokensword1

"Astraware and Revolution Software are excited to announce a special Broken Sword promotion to celebrate 10 years since the release of the original Broken Sword. When the game was originally released on 30th September 1996, no-one could have forseen that the game would still be receiving rave reviews a full decade later. 'Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars' has been released on several platforms including PC, PlayStation(R), GameBoy Advance(R), and most recently for Palm OS(R) and Windows Mobile(R). Broken Sword is now an award-winning franchise with three sequels. The most recent, 'Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death', has just been released and is currently number 1 in the charts."

I'm a huge fan of seeing desktop games make their way to successful Pocket PC ports, and this one seems to be no exception. If you're interested in checking Broken Sword out, now's your chance to get it with a special discount! Note that this offer only lasts until the end of this Sunday, so be sure to take action if you're interested.

Old 09-29-2006, 05:24 PM
haesslich
Intellectual

Damn, this is cheaper than my pre-order....

But, on the upside, I DID get the game first. Even if I'm stuck closer to the end, since I can't remember the exact sequence I need to handle the train sequence.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:08 PM
kamikun
Ponderer
Default Re: Broken Sword: 10th Year Anniversary Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
I'm a huge fan of seeing desktop games make their way to successful Pocket PC ports, ...
I agree. Now, would someone please get to work on coding X-Wing v. TIE Fighter for the Pocket PC?

That would be so 1994 cool! :mrgreen:

Old 09-29-2006, 08:47 PM
BoxWave
Thinker

8O Classic game. I. must. not. give. in. to. deal.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:18 PM
haesslich
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxWave
8O Classic game. I. must. not. give. in. to. deal.
You should - it easily kicks the ass of any other conversion of the game I've had to date (and I've had two of them: the GBA one and I believe I used to have the PS one).

kamikun: If LucasArts would deign to port it onto a 2700g-capable engine...

Old 10-01-2006, 05:45 PM
kamikun
Ponderer

Maybe I can just wait for the modded version of X-Wing Alliance on my UMPC sometime in 2009...

Anyways, this game works beautifully in VGA even on the old tosh e800 (wm2003FE). So after a few minutes with the demo I went ahead and gave in..

Go on, do it. You'll feel good. :devilboy:

Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 AM
haesslich
Intellectual

Full voice for me was one of the selling points - it's not like most of the other Circle of Blood ports in that respect.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
jeanlucw
Neophyte

Tried the demo and was very impressed. The beautiful art and the characters' funny remarks sold me.
Reminds me of the good old days, when I played Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, another great entry in the adventure games genre 8)