Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Conduits Pocket Player 3.0: Support for Video, Windows Media Connect, Podcasts, and More!

http://www.conduits.com/news/pr20060925.html

"Conduits Technologies, Inc., announced today the release of Pocket Player 3.0, an alternative media player for Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC and Smartphone. Pocket Player aims to satisfy consumers who demand more from a media player on a mobile device. The new version sports video support, a new library engine to handle thousands of tracks, smart playlists, supports skins designed for Windows Media Player, and introduces new connection options such as downloadable album art, podcast streaming and Universal Plug-and-Play (Windows Media Connect) connectivity."

Well, you can't get much better than this. I've never been completely satisfied with Windows Media Player Mobile's features (or rather, lack of features), so Pocket Player has always been one of the first applications to go on my Pocket PC following a hard-reset. The new features (mentioned above) add to the already rich set of features that existed in v2.x. The end result? One power-packed media player. A free trial version can be downloaded from Conduits, and the full version is available for $19.95 from our affiliate software store. I'm giving this new version a workout as we speak, but if you've already given it a spin, let us know how it works. If you're interested in the Windows Media Player skin support, check out a screenshot after the break.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
kaiden.1
Ponderer
Send a message via Yahoo to kaiden.1

OK.....my second post of the day because the software being reviewed today are absolutely some of the best out there being posted and I wouldn't be caught dead without them!

Pocket Player! THERE IS NO OTHER! IF you don't have this program you are missing out or wasting valuable ram on something else. This program does everything perfectly.

Another must have and another Awesome company! Check it out!

Old 09-26-2006, 05:34 PM
stlbud
Intellectual

How does this compare to "the Core" media player (TCMP)?

Zune Tag - therealstlbud

Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
gregk
Neophyte

This looks like an awesome app but since installing on my v1605 (hermes) I've had to soft reset about 5 times. Since uninstalling it's been fine.

Anyone else had any issues?

Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Darren Behan
Intellectual

Upgrade pricing for 1.X & 2.X is $9.95 and is available here:

http://store.conduits.com/popl2up.html

db

Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

I second the thought - Would love to see a comparison of this and the excellent TCPMP that is free and seems to play everything I throw at it.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
stlbud
Intellectual

It's no longer free (unless you know where to look). But it's only $9.95. Check it out at http://www.tcmp.org/

Zune Tag - therealstlbud

Old 09-26-2006, 06:26 PM
stlbud
Intellectual

Now, I'm confused. www.tcmp.org only shows the windows version of the player. http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about shows the pocket pc version but it is free. What happened to all the notices about a new Core Media player coming out and charging for it?

Zune Tag - therealstlbud

Old 09-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydidnt
I second the thought - Would love to see a comparison of this and the excellent TCPMP that is free and seems to play everything I throw at it.
Yeah, I'm confused to. Where is the latest version? Some people have put up a 0.82 version, but it's not on the new web site.

Saying that, I think TCPMP is primarily a video player, and I think the conduits product trumps it playing music. Maybe the new tcpmp will add more music controls. However, if you do want a freeware music player, it is worth checking out MortPlayer.

Old 09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Jason Patterson
Intellectual

gregk, that certainly should not be happening. How many media files do you have on your device? What was the cause of the reset? How much program and storage memory do you have? Did you let it first scan and update your library once? We can certainly support this better if you could email [email protected].