Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-09-2006, 04:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Spb Finance 2.6 Released (Includes Support for Microsoft Money 2007)

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/

"Spb Software House, the leading Pocket PC software developer, releases a new version of the best selling personal finance tracker Spb Finance 2.6. With this new release Spb brings to the market the first and the only mobile companion for Microsoft Money 2007. The new Spb Finance provides higher performance, faster synchronization, better OFX import options, smart balance update and many other improvements and fixes. Note! Starting from Money 2007 Microsoft officially stopped the support of its free mobile companion for Microsoft Money. Money for Pocket PC is not available for WM 5.0 and will not support Money 2007."

Yes, you read that last sentence correctly. Further proof of it can be found here. Fortunately, Spb Software House has come out with a Money 2007-compatible solution that has all the bells and whistles of a full-fledged finance package. You can grab a trial version or the full version from our affiliate software store. If you use an existing version of Spb Finance 2.x, it's a free upgrade.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:21 AM
goestoeleven
Neophyte

Much to my disappointment, Quicken 2006/2007 are NOT supported at this time with Spb Finance 2.6. Furthermore, Spb Support told me today that there is no timetable for adding that support, either.

Seems awfully strange to me for Spb to claim "support" for Quicken integration while that integration is based on two major releases back...

Also very much out-of-character for Spb, as I find many of their other products (PocketPlus, Diary, Weather) to be top notch...

:cry:

Old 09-09-2006, 05:16 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

:confused totally: I've been using Quicken 2006 for a year now, and I've been syncing with Finance for most of that time. The Spb Finance 2.x/Quicken 2006 combination certainly does work.

Now for the ultimate question: will Canadians be able to legitimately get their hands on Money 2007? I'm sick of all of Quicken's stupid UI bugs and its annoying habit of automatically backing up my data on its own every once in a while, to a subfolder of the Quicken data folder. I have Carbonite and Handy Backup to back up my data for me, the former to someplace on the Internet and the latter to a separate drive and also to another computer.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I've also been syncing with Quicken 2006. Albeit only for a few weeks. So if there are problems perhaps I haven't looked close enough yet.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 09-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Cirrob
Pupil

Yup, I can confirm this. This combination does not work with WM5 for smart phones as near as I can tell... Mine works iwth an axim x51v but my buddy's combination (treo 700) does not work with quicken 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
:confused totally: I've been using Quicken 2006 for a year now, and I've been syncing with Finance for most of that time. The Spb Finance 2.x/Quicken 2006 combination certainly does work.

Now for the ultimate question: will Canadians be able to legitimately get their hands on Money 2007? I'm sick of all of Quicken's stupid UI bugs and its annoying habit of automatically backing up my data on its own every once in a while, to a subfolder of the Quicken data folder. I have Carbonite and Handy Backup to back up my data for me, the former to someplace on the Internet and the latter to a separate drive and also to another computer.

Old 09-09-2006, 03:01 PM
miterb
Intellectual

I have never found spb Finance to be kept up properly for Quicken Users. Investment Balances have NEVER been made to be accurate. There is no particular reason to be able to post transactions to the investments but you would think that spb could at least find a way to get an accurate balance sent to the PDA.

Now, I have just updated to Quicken 2007 and so the program is once again totally useless.

A big waste of money for Quicken users.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:32 PM
MerlinAZ
Pupil

One could only hope that Quicken '06/07 support will be next.

I tried the version before this with Quicken Premier 2007 and it didn't work.
The account balances were way off.
I guess I'll wait until they say it's compatible.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Correction:

I've been using Quicken 2007. I just installed Finance 2.6 and it seems to be syncing fine.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 09-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Darren Behan
Intellectual

Unfortuantely, I've never had much success with SPB Finance and this version seems to be no exception. Using Money 2007 it takes about an hour to do the first sync though it otherwise seems to go fine. Then doing nothing else with the PDA, it syncs again and comes up with 65 items to resolve and no meaningful way to resolve them. Even in the normal course it seems to take 20 min per sync which is just too much for the way I use my PDA. So for now, I will impatiently await the update for Cash Organizer which has always worked reasonably well for me (except, of course investment balances).

db

Old 09-09-2006, 06:45 PM
miterb
Intellectual

In light of an earlier posting about QW2007 working with spb 2.6, I just synched to spb 2.4 and it seems functional but without, of course, anything to do with the investment accounts. Guess I'll get the 2.6 update just to stay up with things.

I suspect spb just does not take the time to validate Quicken releases until they have nothing better to do.