Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default HTC Users Rejoice: SanDisk's 2GB microSD Card Has Arrived

http://www.sandisk.com/Corporate/Pr...se.aspx?ID=3497

"SanDisk � Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK) today introduced a 2-gigabyte (GB)* microSD � card - the largest capacity of the world's smallest removable flash memory card - to meet demand for a new generation of MP3 music phones..."

This seems perfect for the wave of new HTC devices sporting microSD slots. The RRP appears to be $99.95 USD, which isn't too bad for a card of this "size". Are any of you looking to get one soon?

Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 PM
ADBrown
Pontificator

I'm not a big fan of microSD. The only excuse I can see for using it is in a cell phone. For anything larger, I can get a 4 GB SD card for almost half of the cost of this.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBrown
I'm not a big fan of microSD. The only excuse I can see for using it is in a cell phone. For anything larger, I can get a 4 GB SD card for almost half of the cost of this.
Unless you're the owner of a Hermes or similar device, which only takes microSD...

--janak

Old 08-01-2006, 11:03 PM
saru83
Thinker

Awesome news.. i was dissapointed for some time as there was news last year that sandisk was supposed to release this card since early 2006 but now i have no excuse not getting the Hermes :twisted:

Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by saru83
Awesome news.. i was dissapointed for some time as there was news last year that sandisk was supposed to release this card since early 2006 but now i have no excuse not getting the Hermes :twisted:
yeah i think this is a big plus for getting the hermes. and i think the upcoming 6900 may also use it.
i wish they would just stick to sd though. it's not like these are tiny devices where you are going to save that much space with this.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Eriq Cook
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to Eriq Cook Send a message via Skype™ to Eriq Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by saru83
...i wish they would just stick to sd though. it's not like these are tiny devices where you are going to save that much space with this.
Completely agree. I'm tired of buying new memory card formats everytime I upgrade to a new device. Manufacturers should stick to a standard format based on size of devices. If it was a watch-size device, I could see the need.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel_Proust
yeah i think this is a big plus for getting the hermes. and i think the upcoming 6900 may also use it.
HP's hw6900? It uses miniSD, not microSD. But you can always get a microSD card and stick it in a microSD-miniSD adapter to enable compatibility.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:48 AM
ADBrown
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBrown
Unless you're the owner of a Hermes or similar device, which only takes microSD...
Good reason not to get one of those... :devilboy: Actually, my cell phone (a Moto v360) uses these, which has only contributed to my feelings. Way too small for regular use.

Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
joker
Banned

pseudo-new technology, new prices?

Old 08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
LSmith4285
Pupil

[quote="Darius Wey"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel_Proust
But you can always get a microSD card and stick it in a microSD-miniSD adapter to enable compatibility.
Could you point me in the direction of one of these?

thanks