Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default The Two Inch View Reviews the SanDisk 1GB microSD Card

http://www.twoinchview.com/?p=51

microSD appears to be the new standard in HTC's upcoming devices - for example, the Hermes and the Breeze. If you're interested in picking up, or have already picked up, one of these devices, then you'll want to check out Jason Dunn's great review of the companionable SanDisk 1GB microSD card over at The Two Inch View.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:38 PM
saru83
Thinker

1gb microSD's has been around for a while, but since July '05 there were posts in several sites that a 2gb was supposed to be released early 2006 which never happened.. i was searching around couple of days ago & found that Toshiba is going to release a 2gb by september, any one knows about any other brand or any info about a 2gb microSD :?:

Old 07-28-2006, 02:04 AM
CME2C
Pupil

Funny this posted today. I recently purchased a couple of 1gb microSD cards at BB for $35 after rebate. So today at work we have a power outage and the computer system goes down. I work in a medical office, and our computer system is archaic. So the external hard drive goes bad. It's a 1GB external drive with SCSI interface that is huge. Estimate to replace is 200. How hilarious is that.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:14 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Once you go big*, you can never go back. That's the biggest limit imo with these new smaller form factor, smaller capacity formats.

* That's big, capacity-wise, not necessarily size-wise.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:06 PM
stlbud
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME2C
...It's a 1GB external drive with SCSI interface that is huge. Estimate to replace is 200. How hilarious is that.
In 1981 I was working on mainframe systems. At that time drives looked like washing machines. 1.6GBytes of disk space took 36 FEET of floor space.

BB

Zune Tag - therealstlbud