Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 07-25-2006, 02:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Middle East Welcomes i-teq X-BOND

http://www.iteqonline.com/xbond_details.html

Middle East carrier, Batelco, recently added the i-teq X-BOND to its list of available devices. The X-BOND is i-teq's version of the Gigabyte g-Smart i, which has been well-adopted in the Asia-Pacific since its introduction. The device includes an integrated FM radio and TV tuner, a 2.1-megapixel camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Windows Mobile 5.0 with the MSFP.

Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 AM
mystickid
Neophyte

Wow, this seems like a terrific phone for me.

Is it possible for me to Import this phone to the USA and have it work on T-Mobile or Cingular networks. I'm not sure what bands this phone runs.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:15 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickid
Wow, this seems like a terrific phone for me.

Is it possible for me to Import this phone to the USA and have it work on T-Mobile or Cingular networks. I'm not sure what bands this phone runs.
It's a tri-band device lacking the 850MHz band, which is used intermittently in the US (if I recall correctly, by T-Mobile's affiliate carriers). So, for the most part, it'd work fine, but coverage may be spotty.

Old 07-25-2006, 05:22 AM
mystickid
Neophyte

Thanx alot Darius, you're aways there for great advice.

I was on another forum to get some more info on the X-Bond. However, I was disheartened to see that people hate the Iteq Brand products. Do you think That the I-teq X-Bond is really that bad as people accredit its brand?

http://pocketpcdubai.infopop.cc/eve/...3181062251/p/2

Old 07-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickid
I was on another forum to get some more info on the X-Bond. However, I was disheartened to see that people hate the Iteq Brand products. Do you think That the I-teq X-Bond is really that bad as people accredit its brand?
To be honest, I have no idea. I don't live in the Middle East, so I've never had any experiences with i-teq's products and customer support. But at the end of the day, if people complain about a company, I'm usually not too surprised. There are a few companies out there who release great devices, but suck at supporting its users. If I were in your shoes, I'd go with the flow - accept what other people are saying (if it's a majority), and look at other devices instead (if it's an option).

Old 07-25-2006, 01:17 PM
King_Dani
Pupil

i do , and i must say , never ever try to buy something rebranded by UAE companies .they're just so irresponsible .

Iteq's last release , Iteq bond , was a bitter experience for end users. my brother , as a perfect example , imported Bond from UAE ( i live in Iran) , and payed 800dollars for it. well it turned out that Iteq released a pre-production model of Gsmart , since in many reviews , pros complained about the front panel's PEELING defect , which happnes in almost every single one of Bonds. well i ain't continue, just ask yourself , if the device is a charm, why would it lose value , from nearly 1000$US at march to around 670$US in july in my country.

nearly everyone i know who was in possession of a Bond , already sold it or planning to do so.

if you're interested try PPCD forums , there you can find numerous bugs reported by users.plus , there must be something wrong with Bond and not Gigabyte , since all major importers in my country decided to head east and look for the Gigabyte equivalent of it to come out.

cheers

Down with ITeq

Old 07-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Muntasser
Intellectual

wow, that looks hot.

the tv tuner looks like it could come in very handy!