Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default ClintonFitch.com Reviews Spb Backup 1.5

http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews...spb/backup-1-5/

Last week's release of Spb Backup 1.5 brought two key updates: storage card backup support, and customised file restoration support. In my opinion, alongside all of the other great features, they help make Spb Backup an indispensable application for all Pocket PCs. If you're interested in reading a review, head over to ClintonFitch.com where Clinton puts Spb Backup through its paces.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:51 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

on the screenshots in the review, does anybody know how the user was able to skin the keyboard? I didn't think skinning of the default keyboard was possible in WM5.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyofdhs
on the screenshots in the review, does anybody know how the user was able to skin the keyboard? I didn't think skinning of the default keyboard was possible in WM5.
I guess I'm missing something. Where in the review is the screenshot of the skinned keyboard?

Old 07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
Quote:
I guess I'm missing something. Where in the review is the screenshot of the skinned keyboard?
my bad, I followed a link to Cliton Fitch's review from SPB Software House's site. This must be a different review then what was used in this thread. Anyways, check out the screen shots here:

http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/...-0/default.asp

Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Clinton Fitch
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Clinton Fitch

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
my bad, I followed a link to Cliton Fitch's review from SPB Software House's site. This must be a different review then what was used in this thread. Anyways, check out the screen shots here:

You are right. On the 1.0 review I had my x50v's keyboard skinned.

I've notified Spb to update their link - hopefully the will so so there is no confusion :-)

Old 07-17-2006, 10:31 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonfitchdotcom
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are right. On the 1.0 review I had my x50v's keyboard skinned.

I've notified Spb to update their link - hopefully the will so so there is no confusion :-)
cool, ok now how do you keyboard skin in WM5? I thought that wasn't possible because most of the hacks do not work.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Silver5
Intellectual

So, does the email restoration actually work properly, or does it still hang?

On every WM5 device I have used Spb Backup with, the program will hang during the restoration if I have backed up everything (including email), and the backup is rendered pretty much useless. So...for the last few months I have done custom backup with email being ignored. If I have had to restore I have had to do without my email being back until I downloaded it all over again. It also hasn't always played nicely with my Exchange setup...I usually have to delete the exchange setup after a restore and then re-enter that information.

It is certainly better than no backup at all but I also paid for a program that I thought could do this these things.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
cool, ok now how do you keyboard skin in WM5? I thought that wasn't possible because most of the hacks do not work.
The skin you see there is Microsoft's default Keyboard skin for VGA devices.

If you're after a Windows Mobile 5.0-compatible keyboard skinning solution, visit buzzdev.net.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:11 AM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Quote:

If you're after a Windows Mobile 5.0-compatible keyboard skinning solution, visit buzzdev.net.
Thanks Darius for the vga info. I've tried those skins before and they didn't work but I will give it a try again.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:41 AM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Darius for the vga info. I've tried those skins before and they didn't work but I will give it a try again.
Darius, again I couldn't get those kb skins to work, what's the trick? I'm using a Verizon XV6700 PPC.

UPDATE: Doesn't appear that these skins will work from what I've read on buzzdev,net. It requires a special nocert ROM to get it to work and nobody seems to have a patch or reg hack to make it work.