Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Google Calendar on your Pocket PC with SnoopSoft WebCalendar

http://www.snoopsoft.com/webcal/

"The award winning SnoopSoft Dashboard product was introduced in 2000 with one goal: To simplify your handheld experience. That goal was accomplished by making your most important information quickly and easily accessible directly from the Today Page, and over the years we have refined that experience to be as simple as possible. Today we take that goal to another level entirely by being the first to introduce the most powerful enhancement to the mobile experience - Web Calendaring! SnoopSoft is introducing a Google Calendar plugin for the Windows Mobile Today page that for the very first time will bring together ALL of your Calendar information on one screen (the default Pocket PC Calendar, Google Private Calendars and Google Public Calendars)!"

SnoopSoft, the creator of the well-known Dashboard application, has just released a new WebCalendar plug-in that integrates directly with Google Calendar. I beta tested this for the past few weeks, and it definitely works as expected, so if you've ever wanted to get those private and public calendars on your device, then WebCalendar is the plug-in for it.

It's available on its own for $9.95, but can also be purchased together with Dashboard 3 for $17.95. While Dashboard is not required in order for WebCalendar to work, you do get a host of other benefits by having it installed. A trial version of WebCalendar will be available shortly.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM
palmsolo
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to palmsolo

Can you add appointments, change appointments, etc. with this utility or is it just a calendar viewing module? I couldn't find anything about this on their site. Thanks.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:05 PM
SnoopSoft
Neophyte

Hi,

If you're connected to the Internet, you can edit appointments. Tapping on an appointment will launch Google Calendar and bring up their editor with that appointment on screen.

It currently does not allow for creating appointments but I'm looking at how to do that along with offline editing if possible.

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2006, 11:47 PM
bkerrins
Intellectual

thanks for pointing out that google has an online calendar!!! Works great for Day care to know what our schedule is.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Very cool idea! Nice to see developers innovating in the use of external Web-based sources.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Joseph Moon
Ponderer

This sounds like a most interesting tool... A couple of questions...

First; How does it get it's data from Google? Through ActiveSync or from a internet connection?

Second; Will that data off Google calander be able to sync with your Pocket Outlook data?

Here is a clue for ya... Some of us small business owners don't have microsoft exhcange servers. Our outlook data is locked up in our PDA or desktop. Our assistants can't see our calanders and book our appointments unless they call us directly to verify an opening in our calander. It's stupid! crazy! and downright frustrating! But an application that could allow public viewing of a calander, as well as certain writing rights (in this instance we would use Google) - that automatically syncs, with our PDAs would be AWESOME!

Joseph...

Old 06-25-2006, 02:50 PM
SnoopSoft
Neophyte

Hi,

The program gets the data from Google via any active Internet connection - wireless, activesync, whatever.

There are other people working on ways to sync your Outlook calendar to Google. If you have something like that you could use it to keep your Google Calendar up to date and then pull the Google Calendar down to your handheld device.

This assumes that you are forced to use Outlook for some reason. If not then there's no reason you can't keep all of your Calendars on Google and just use the WebCal to view them on your handheld and use the Google Calendar browser to view them from the desktop.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:19 AM
rrypma
Pupil

Does anyone know if a similar client app works with Yahoo Calendar?

Old 06-27-2006, 06:09 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrypma
Does anyone know if a similar client app works with Yahoo Calendar?
To my understanding, no. But Snoopsoft has plans to add support for other web calendars (such as Yahoo! and Live) in the future at no extra cost.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:31 PM
capo
Ponderer
Default demo

Sounds promising. Waiting patiently for a demo...