Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default PocketBible 3 Launched, And Reviewed

Laridian has launched Pocket Bible 3.0 for the Pocket PC. They have made a ton of improvements to the application. Just a few enhancements are listed below:

� Color highlighting
� Continuous synchronization
� Categorized Book Chooser
� Context-sensitive tap-and-hold menus
� Find your notes
� Continuous text - no more page/chapter breaks.
� Gesture-based navigation
� DailyReader features have been combined into PocketBible 3
� Open more than two books at once
� Windows Mobile 5 softkey support and much more.

It supports Pocket PC 2002 and above. Once you buy it, if you already have PocketBible 2, you'll need to redownload all of the books you have purchased in the new PocketBible 3 file format. You don't have to repurchase books, just the PocketBible program. You can find out more about PocketBible 3 at Laridian's site. Finally, you can read my PocketBible 3 review here.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:05 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

Yes, yes! Happy happy joy joy! This is fantastic news. Thanks for the review on this one Ed. I've been using Pocket Bible 2 forever it seems and have been impatiently awaiting an update and it looks like this version addresses all my concerns with Pocket Bible.

Off to Laridian to buy....

Old 04-26-2006, 03:00 PM
that_kid
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to that_kid

Wow this is great news, I've been using Pocket Bible for years and this is a welcome update.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default :)

I've been using pocket bible for probably at least 5 years and waiting for a lot of these features! I can't wait to upgrade!

Thank you Laridian! Thanks for the heads up Ed! Laridian hasn't emailed me about it yet.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Got my e-mail and upgraded yesterday. Two thumbs up in my brief run-through.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default Only $10???

It looks like I can get it for only $10? Could that be right? I guess I'll find out. That's nice since I've spent loads of money on tons of bibles and reference books from them.

It looks like there is no "upgrade" price but honestly if it's only $10 I don't really care

Old 04-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus
Default Re: Only $10???

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector
It looks like there is no "upgrade" price but honestly if it's only $10 I don't really care
You should get an e-mail with special upgrade pricing. It was $10 for both ($7) pocketBible and Memorize ($3). Double check your bulk mail folder just in case.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:57 PM
that_kid
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to that_kid

On the site it said to make sure you select that your an existing customer, I did that and it showed all my information but I didn't get the $7 upgrade price. No biggie though, it's still a great program and worth the $10 price if not more.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:01 PM
crimsonsky
Thinker

I get my Gmail forwarded to my .mac email and I'll bet the notification from Laridian went in my spam bucket. And I bought the program right after reading Ed's review. Shucks. Oh well - $10 is hardly going to break the bank. The reader is always cheap - the books are what cost (I have as many as Ed).

It's fantastic that they've combined Daily Reader and Pocket Bible though. This is one of the things I thought should have been added to the program and they did!

Now if only they'd add some Spanish(or any foreign language) language stuff. I still have to maintain another program (Pocket eSword) for my Spanish language Bible.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:17 PM
ironguy
Sage
Default Auto Sync!

I've been waiting for Laridian to come up with a toolbar icon to sync all Bibles. Instead, they took it a step further and put in AutoSync.

I'm happy!