Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 AM
k1darkknight
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to k1darkknight Send a message via Yahoo to k1darkknight
Default Obscure WinXP shutdown/startup utility: WHERE IS IT?

A while back, I happenned across a post in some other computer-related site's forums where someone was trying to get their PC to shut down and restart quicker. A reply mentioned (and linked to) a utility on Microsoft's own website that actually optimizes the shutdown and startup processes. As this utility is pretty much in the same category as the Microsoft Powertoys, it is a utility that works very well, however is not actually supported my Microsoft, being simply a 'pet project' of some of the developers, rather than an actual, full blown product.
I downloaded and used this utility a few times, and likely even still have it on my hard drive. The only problem is that I can't remember the filename that it was posted under, or the name of the utility itself. I would be VERY greatful to anyone who can link me to the page on Microsoft's site where this utility is, or even an unofficial, but well-trusted site, that has it archived (if MS doesn't keep it on their site any more). If no one has a link, but has the utility themselves, please let me know what it is called, or the filename of the file you actually downloaded from Microsoft, so I can try to find it on my computer.
I have a folder where I keep most of my (non-multimedia) downloads, but I have SO much stuff in it (and in subfolders) that it's gotten to a point where anything I don't have categorized is nearly impossible to find. PLEASE let me know if you have a link or more info about this utility.

Thanks in advance!
Chris, aka k1darkknight