Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-15-2006, 02:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Unbound Medicine Releases a Revised Edition of Davis's Drug Guide

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/ddg_...da_wireless.htm

"Davis's Drug Guide has been extensively updated and is now more versatile and portable than ever! Download Unbound's new version of this best-selling drug reference to a PDA for use on the go. Access your Drug Guide on the Web using a desktop computer or an internet-enabled device such as Treo or BlackBerry! Get quick answers to your questions -- 5 new indexes have been added for fast navigation. Search generic or trade names, therapeutic classes, natural/herbal products, and more. Davis's Drug Guide is focused on patient safety with vital information about vulnerable populations, including expanded pediatric coverage with new indications and dosing recommendations. Visual emphasis is displayed for high-alert drugs and life-threatening side effects."

Popular drug reference, Davis's Drug Guide, now supports more than 1700 monographs, bookmarks, and extensive cross-linking. It also includes automatic updating functionality, so each time you synchronise your device, the application will pull the latest drug information from Unbound Medicine's servers. Davis's Drug Guide is compatible with Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2000 through to Windows Mobile 5.0.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:21 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Y'know, there are enough front-page posts about it, that there almost should be a Medical category in these forums.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:54 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
Y'know, there are enough front-page posts about it, that there almost should be a Medical category in these forums.
I limit the medical posts to just the important texts that most students and clinicians use. Overall, it's low volume (roughly one a month). Probably not enough to warrant a separate category altogether.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Muntasser
Intellectual

call me back when there's an australian version. A search for PANADOL reveals no results.

Thats the exact equivalent of missing acetaminophen for our friends in the US.

Old 04-15-2006, 12:26 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muntasser
call me back when there's an australian version. A search for PANADOL reveals no results.

Thats the exact equivalent of missing acetaminophen for our friends in the US.
Panadol is a recognised 'Brand' name for Acetaminophen (or more commonly referred to in the UK as Paracetamol). World wide there are is huge range of products marketed that are just basically acetaminophen. Hardly the same as missing reference to the drug itself!

Old 04-16-2006, 12:14 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Boots brand Paracetamol doesn't actually state Acetaminophen on the package, though, so how would a naive Canadian visiting the UK with a blasting hangover be able to find Acetaminophen without asking the chemist?

Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 PM
griph
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to griph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
Boots brand Paracetamol doesn't actually state Acetaminophen on the package, though, so how would a naive Canadian visiting the UK with a blasting hangover be able to find Acetaminophen without asking the chemist?
That is because in UK Paracetamol is commonly used as a GENERIC term not a BRAND term for Acetaminophen. All branded drugs like Paramol, Hedex etc in the UK state that they contain Paracetamol and there isn't reference to Acetaminophen at all on the box.

When in an unfamiliar country and needing medication - I would recommend consultinq the pharmacist.
Boots will always state the obvious - a couple of months ago I was buying Pazacetamol in Boots. A Boots box with PARACETAMOL in big letters on it's front. The pharmacist took my purchase to scan & asked 'You do know these tablets contain Paracetamol Sir? I replied 'I hope so - or I'll be reporting you under the Trade Descriptions Act! :-)