Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado
Default APRIL FOOLS: Microsoft Voice Command 2.0 Released

"We are pleased to announce that the highly anticipated Microsoft Voice Command 2.0 is being released exclusively through our online channels," says Tom DeFranco of Handango Sales and Marketing. "Some of the most wanted features, such as Windows Mobile 5 support, one-touch activation via Bluetooth headset, multiple voice styles, and text-to-speech for notifications, email and SMS messages are included. But, the most exciting feature is true voice dictation that can be used to enter your appointments, tasks, and notes. Voice tagging and a full training utility will add additional recognition and accuracy for a truly handsfree experience."

Currently available in US and UK versions, Handango [affiliate link] has Voice Command 2.0 listed for $39.99, and offers a discounted upgrade for 1.5 users. I personally like the small touches, such as the greeting feature that says your name to make the conversation more informal. Pick it up today!

Old 04-01-2006, 03:11 PM
RobrechtV
Pupil

You sir, are truly evil. Damn it, this would be so cool.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:17 PM
WorksForTurkeys
Intellectual

The clue is the statement that Microsoft offers a discount to existing owners of v1.5. Everyone knows that "Microsoft" and "discount" are mutually exclusive, like "military" and 'intelligence".

Old 04-01-2006, 03:21 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

Actually, the upgrade is free. But you don't get the full version of Voice Command (at least I didn't from Handango). When you run the exe, it asks if you want to upgrade your version of VC from 1.5 to 2.0. So it looks like you keep your 1.5 installed when you run the upgrade.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

Oops, I was wrong. The upgrade is free, but the download link is still to v1.5 (I bought it orignally from Handango). No indication on how to get the upgrade file yet.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

When I read "But, the most exciting feature is true voice dictation that can be used to enter your appointments, tasks, and notes. Voice tagging and a full training utility will add additional recognition and accuracy for a truly handsfree experience" I knew it's also a fools-day joke

(BTW, just compare the two images here and over at Handango - particularly the lack of '2.0' on the latter )

Old 04-01-2006, 03:31 PM
surur
Mystic

Its rather tragic that the features listed should be literally fantastic.

Surur

Old 04-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleReeck
Oops, I was wrong. The upgrade is free, but the download link is still to v1.5 (I bought it orignally from Handango).

Voice recognition on the Pocket PC? Too good to be true.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:15 PM
ramjet73
Pupil

Has anyone else tried the new "teenager mode" option in the settings menu?

I can't figure out exactly what it does, but it seems like the commands that execute are exactly the opposite of what you say, and the "training" option becomes greyed out.

ramjet73

Old 04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
JwY
Pupil

you guys are just going all out today