Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 03-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado
Default i-mate JAMin Gets AKU2

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/arch.../25/560261.aspx

Jason Langridge has noticed that a new Engish ROM for the i-mate JAMin (HTC Prophet) includes AKU2 for Direct Push Email. While this FTP link on i-mate's site is real, don't expect a speedy download - one would think that their FTP server is actually an i-mate phone on an EDGE connection to the internet! :wink:

It's good to see that AKU2 is starting to make its rounds to current Windows Mobile 5 devices. (Verizon, hurry up with your XV6700 update!) For those of you who already updated their JAMin, have you noticed any other goodies that come along with this firmware update, and are you experiencing any new issues that crept up as well?

Old 03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
adamz
Thinker

Try this for a faster download:

http://www.clubimate.com/support/JAM...20720_ship.zip

Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 AM
jalex
Ponderer
Default Where did the clock go?

Hi all, I applied the ROM update and am very happy with everything with one exception: I can no longer see the clock when I'm at the Today screen and, instead, I'm presented with a battery icon that I don't want (as I have Spb pocket Plus installed and use the battery indicator from that). I have enabled the "show clock at all times" setting and it works whenever I'm in any other application/screen/area, but not on the dang Today screen. What's with that?

Is there a regsitry tweak available for me to fix this?

Old 03-29-2006, 03:38 AM
adamz
Thinker

On the Today screen the clock is right below the title bar in the Date today screen item.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 AM
jalex
Ponderer
Default Clock alternative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz
On the Today screen the clock is right below the title bar in the Date today screen item.
Yeah, I considered that as an alternative, but I just can't afford the Today screen real estate and would rather have the clock back where it was before I applied the update.