Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 03-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default K-Jam AKU2 ROM Posted At I-Mate FTP Site?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=42638

The guys at XDA Developers is reporting a new ROM for English and Arabic versions of the popular K-Jam and one member has said it includes AKU2. This means MSFP should be in there, which means the new direct push method for email assuming you have Exchange 2003 SP2. Download speeds are reported to be 14.4K modem speeds slow though, so be patient. The update is not at the Club I-Mate site yet. They seem to release it to the FTP server several days before updating the web pages.

And no, I haven't downloaded it yet. :wink: Report back if you do and let us know what is really in there.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

The public, official, freely accessible FTP server of Club i-mate already has it online: ftp://ftp.clubimate.com/K-JAM_WWE_21...20710_ship.zip

Old 03-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

I'm downloading it now, at a blazing fast 8.7 KBPS.... Good thing I don't have time to update until this afternoon anyway!

Old 03-02-2006, 03:44 PM
alabij
Intellectual

This might explain why T-Mo and Cingular have halted sales of the Wizard. It could be that they are updating the devices.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:38 PM
adamz
Thinker

Mine downloaded in less than 8 minutes. Looks like the disappearing MiniSD card issue is gone. I havn't been able to reproduce it since upgrading. Also, the new Communications Manager is great!

Old 03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz
Mine downloaded in less than 8 minutes. Looks like the disappearing MiniSD card issue is gone. I havn't been able to reproduce it since upgrading. Also, the new Communications Manager is great!
Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?

Old 03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon

Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?
Several of the guys over as xda developers have installed it and all report no A2DP... :cry:

Old 03-02-2006, 05:34 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz
Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?
No A2DP.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
Quote:

Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?
Several of the guys over as xda developers have installed it and all report no A2DP... :cry:
Thanks, Jason, and KTamas I saw that.

I'm just having a bit of a problem actually believing that. Why would iMate remove this feature. It works very well in the Qtek ROM. A lot of people have been waiting for A2DP. If iMate has removed it, I think they may have a mutiny on their hands.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
Quote:

Hey Adam,

Does it have A2DP?
Thanks, Jason. I saw that.

I'm just having a bit of a problem actually believing that. Why would iMate remove this feature. It works very well in the Qtek ROM. A lot of people have been waiting for A2DP. If iMate has removed it, I think they may have a mutiny on their hands.
AKU2 has gone thru many changes lately since it had some memory leaks, it was the cause that careers had to delay it, and, I think at this phase, they removed A2DP for unknown reasons (I think SmartPhone Thoughts had a news article about it). The leaked Qtek rom must had an AKU2 build before this.