Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Lakeridge Software Releases WisBar Lite

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/pr...rod=WisBar+Lite

WisBar Lite is a simple cascading task and start menu manager that includes a real-time battery meter. It also supports WisBar Advance Desktop (WAD), so if you don't need the power of WisBar Advance, but would still like to use WAD, then WisBar Lite might fit your needs. It's available for $4.95.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:06 AM
surur
Mystic

Its a little too light. If they added the task-bar like row of running program icons, and a close+ minimize button, and left out all the skinning etc I would have bitten. Else this isn't much better than the free alternatives.

Surur

Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 AM
carphead
Thinker

Also it's free for ezisting wisbar owners.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:40 PM
jhalsey205
Pupil

This version of WisBar really hits the spot for me. Small footprint. Ability to map CloseOK to a hardware button goes a long way to eliminating my need to use a stylus. This same feature can be found in ZapIt, but I found ZapIt do not always work on all apps (had a problem with a few of Resco's apps, and others).

On top of everything else, Chris / Lakeridge does an excellent job of supporting his apps.

John

Old 02-27-2006, 01:47 PM
DaViD_BRaNDoN
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur
Its a little too light. If they added the task-bar like row of running program icons, and a close+ minimize button, and left out all the skinning etc I would have bitten
Ditto. Running tasks icons would be great. Am loving WisBar Lite more than WisBar Advance.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

looks very similar to vBar. A strip down version of wisbar. Which is good. Wisbar does way too much. I quit using it back in the ppc 2002 days.

Still hard to beat magic button though. When i'm not using pocket plus i have magic button running.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Jacob
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur
Its a little too light. If they added the task-bar like row of running program icons, and a close+ minimize button, and left out all the skinning etc I would have bitten. Else this isn't much better than the free alternatives.

Surur
Absolutely. I think they're trying too hard to differentiate this and Wisbar advanced.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

Why not use vbar? smaller and faster, even free.

Without a task button, I have no idea how to switch tasks. Click or hold something? No way.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:58 PM
surur
Mystic

I agree completely. I dont use wisbar due to the cost, but due to the stability and performance penalty of such heavy and invasive software. If they can make a very light version that forgo the skinning fluff, but leave the usability improvements I would buy it in a second.

Surur

Old 02-27-2006, 10:55 PM
fgarcia10
Intellectual

I like it better than vbar and magic button, I don't like seen the running icons anyway. I'm using it with my ppc-6700 and makes one hand operation even better. Plus I like when closing a few programs at once, it does not flick the screen like magic button does.