Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Spb Diary 1.7 Released - Support for Messages; Integration with Finance & Weather

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/diary/?en

"Spb Software House announces the release of Spb Diary 1.7. Spb Diary is a feature-rich Today plug-in for your Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Notes and Messages. It enhances Pocket Outlook by gathering all of your PIM information in one place. The new version introduces a bundle of new features like the Messages Tab, an auto-height adjustment feature, native birthdays support and integration with Spb Finance as well as improved speed, better usability in the Notes Tab and many other changes. It is the hundreds of small features and improvements that altogether make a product truly useful and this is what we set out to accomplish with Spb Diary 1.7. The main goal for this release was to make Spb Diary so easy and fast to use, that you can almost forget about it and concentrate on your business."

Spb Diary 1.7 is here, and it includes plenty of new features of which you can learn more about below. You can download a free 15-day trial version or purchase the full version for $14.95 from Handango. Current Spb Diary users can upgrade to v1.7 for free. [Affiliate] Clinton Fitch has also written a detailed review here.

Here is the brief overview of new features and main changes introduced in Spb Diary 1.7:

Messages Tab: see your emails and SMSs, quickly preview them and perform most frequent action (reply, forward, delete, call) in one tap. This was the most frequently requested feature.
Auto height adjustment: this feature forces Spb Diary to extend automatically in order to fill unused Today screen space. Never spend time trying to best fit your Today plug-ins anymore! We think this feature will become a standard for PIM Today plug-ins.
Notes Tab improvements: one tap edit and delete from note preview, converting notes to appointment, task or contact. If you use notes you will immediately feel the difference.
Integration with Spb Finance: Spb Finance users now can see scheduled transactions on the Calendar Tab
Speed optimizations: the performance of initial loading, changes handling and synchronization handling was vastly improved. Windows Mobile 5 users should notice the greatest speed improvements.
Birthdays: now birthdays and anniversaries are shown in the Calendar Tab along with other events.
Integration with Spb Weather: weather forecasts are now shown and updated even if the Spb Weather plug-in is not shown on the Today screen.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:08 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default Re: Spb Diary 1.7 Released - Support for Messages; Integration with Finance & Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
Auto height adjustment: this feature forces Spb Diary to extend automatically in order to fill unused Today screen space. Never spend time trying to best fit your Today plug-ins anymore! We think this feature will become a standard for PIM Today plug-ins.
Notes Tab improvements: one tap edit and delete from note preview, converting notes to appointment, task or contact. If you use notes you will immediately feel the difference.
Auto height adjustment is something I've wanted in either this or Pocket Breeze for a very long time. And the ability to convert a note to an appointment, task or contact is something that even Pocket Informant can't do.

:rock on dude!:

My Today screen is so uncluttered now.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:11 AM
alex_kac
Thinker
Default Re: Spb Diary 1.7 Released - Support for Messages; Integration with Finance & Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
And the ability to convert a note to an appointment, task or contact is something that even Pocket Informant can't do.
You can actually convert any text in the PI Edit menu to a task, appointment, or contact. So in that way, open a note, select the text and convert that bit of text to a PIM item.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:57 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_kac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmagnus
And the ability to convert a note to an appointment, task or contact is something that even Pocket Informant can't do.
You can actually convert any text in the PI Edit menu to a task, appointment, or contact. So in that way, open a note, select the text and convert that bit of text to a PIM item.
If you open the note.

Thanks, I had forgotten about that. :duh:

Old 02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
pivaska
Intellectual

Can't live without this app! Auto height just made it that much better and now the fact that I can do the message thing is over the top. First uninstalled the old version saving my options and then installed the new version....smooth as silk. Checked to see if they increased the size of the app but it was exactly the same. Job well done!!!

Old 02-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Wow, nice update. Love the new features as usual.
The Spb Finance integration is amazing! It is exactly what i need. Way better the Finance today plugin!
The new birthday feature is nice too, although i already had mine setup with icons and everything.
I think i like the new auto resize. I wonder if it will cause any slow down?
Absolutly love the new messaging tab.

It is a little bigger though. Somewhere between 100-200kb so not much bigger.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Muntasser
Intellectual

pretty. Try SPB sphere theme - see if u like the look > so clean

Old 02-03-2006, 06:40 PM
gt24
Ponderer

Why is this application out there when it is essentially the same as Pocket Breeze? What makes them different and why do they have to be seperate applications? Am I missing something here?

Old 02-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Jacob
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt24
Why is this application out there when it is essentially the same as Pocket Breeze? What makes them different and why do they have to be seperate applications? Am I missing something here?
One word: Competition.

There are a lot of similarities between the two, but also some differences. What's wrong with that?

Old 02-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Muntasser
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt24

dude! install it and see. its VERY different. its 2AM so i cannot be bothered explaining why. just check it out.

ps- remember to go into the options menu>general and tick auto-adjust box. really this should have been enabled by default - meh.