Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default E-TEN M600 Launched in Taiwan; Worldwide English Launch Due in November

http://www.etencorp.com/products/Co...ication/600.php

"The M600 runs on the Windows Mobile 5.0 operating system, the latest version of Microsoft's Windows Mobile software platform. This new, state-of-the-art device offers users greater productivity and more appealing entertainment choices through enhanced, integrated multimedia options and an upgraded Mobile Office suite. Built-in Wireless LAN technology, allows M600 users to connect with all of their contacts through Skype telephony anytime or anywhere they can access a Wireless LAN connection. With the M600, you can be connected to every corner of the world in the least expensive way."

A couple of E-TEN M600 news updates: To kick things off, the device was officially made available in Taiwan today. Details of the device have just gone up on the E-TEN website. Those of you hoping to pick up an English version of the device won't have long to wait. If all goes to plan, it'll be here in a couple of weeks.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:09 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

That's right... Tease me.

Old 10-31-2005, 09:35 PM
zohaer21
Ponderer

any idea of the price???

Old 10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
p_j_o
Neophyte

I've seen it listed on a couple of online stores for $800-ish CAD. As a side note, apparently it has USB-host!!! (for those of that use that - this is GREAT!)

Old 11-01-2005, 05:57 AM
baralong
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to baralong

Very nice, just about everything I want, really like the SD rather than mini-sd. Only VGA is missing :cry: Are there any VGA phone devices (other than the JASJAR) coming out?

I got to have a play with the JASJAR and K-JAM last Friday, I'm really sold on the VGA, and possibly on the keyboard too (my first PDA, hp95lx, had a very usable keyboard) but the JASJAR is just a little too big.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Gator5000e
Intellectual

No EDGE?

Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator5000e
No EDGE?
Nope. Taiwan doesn't have an EDGE network, and since E-TEN is based there, it's easy to see why EDGE support isn't a priority with this device.

Old 11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by zohaer21
any idea of the price???
In Taiwan, it's selling for $21,900 TWD, which translates to around $650 USD.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Paullee_xxv
Neophyte
Default HELP

Im here at taiwan, i bought ASUS 525 yesterday but i returned it back on the store coz they can't change it to english. I really want a pocket PC thats why i try to check on other stores. I saw Eten M600 but they can't change it to english. Is there a way I can download or change chinese version to english version by myself only. thanks a lot

Old 01-06-2007, 03:12 AM
Darius Wey
Default Re: HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullee_xxv
Im here at taiwan, i bought ASUS 525 yesterday but i returned it back on the store coz they can't change it to english. I really want a pocket PC thats why i try to check on other stores. I saw Eten M600 but they can't change it to english. Is there a way I can download or change chinese version to english version by myself only. thanks a lot
If you're after an English version, you're better off not buying it from Taiwan and instead purchasing it from an online store such as Expansys who have English customized versions. You can't switch between languages yourself, since the EULA doesn't allow for it.