Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default WisBar Advance Desktop Released

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/wad/index.html

"WisBar Advance Desktop is a WisBar Advance 2.x plugin that replaces your existing Today screen. Using WisBar Advance Desktop, you can create shortcuts, system meters, floating windows and virtual pages to extend the functionality of your Pocket PC. WisBar Advance Desktop also supports most existing Today plugins. You can arrange them on multiple pages in order to maximize their usefulness (the plugin must support user-defined heights)."

Lakeridge Software has just released WisBar Advance Desktop -- a WisBar Advance 2.x plugin which allows you to do just about anything to transform that boring old Today screen into something totally different. It supports Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002 to Windows Mobile 5.0, and is available now for $6.95. Visit Lakeridge Software for a list of features and screenshots.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:04 AM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

At last! Cool!

Old 10-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Raphael Salgado
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to Raphael Salgado Send a message via AIM to Raphael Salgado Send a message via MSN to Raphael Salgado Send a message via Yahoo to Raphael Salgado

It's interesting, considering that Wisbar Advance Desktop is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0, but it's a plug-in that requires Wisbar Advance, which its latest public version, 2.4.0.1, is says its not yet compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0... Chris McKay, a great guy and developer, has beta 2.4.1.11 in his public forum, and that is to support Windows Mobile 5.0.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Ce
Ponderer

App looks beautiful...installed demo's of both Advance as Desktop and after half an hour of playing around I still wasn't able to get something decent on my screen. The demo doesn't contain much to play with...I had no graphic files for my meters etc. I guess that's because the app has just been released. so let's give them some time to make it more userfriendly for NOT powerusers :wink:

Old 10-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce
App looks beautiful...installed demo's of both Advance as Desktop and after half an hour of playing around I still wasn't able to get something decent on my screen. The demo doesn't contain much to play with...I had no graphic files for my meters etc.
You should find most of the eye candy in the forums:

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/for...forum.php?f=12
http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/for...forum.php?f=14

There are a lot of skinners who have produced a collection of graphic files for use with WAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce
I guess that's because the app has just been released. so let's give them some time to make it more userfriendly for NOT powerusers :wink:
I think WAD was designed for the power-user in mind. If you look at the interface and the settings, you'll notice that it's not your standard cup of tea. Besides, most Joe Users aren't driven with the urge to tweak their Today screen, which is clearly the concept behind WAD.

Old 10-29-2005, 06:13 PM
bigray327
Ponderer

This is absolutely indispensable software that has already revolutionized the way we use our PocketPCs. A must have!

Old 10-29-2005, 06:58 PM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

Are you sure it is designed for power user? Power user always find that the PPC today is the most elegant interface in both POS and PPC.

I just didn't see why this kind of software shows up. There are more than 2 windows style launcher in POS too. Just make the simple interface ugly.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:56 PM
jpjehu
Intellectual

I've been trying to get either program to work smoothly for about an hour. I found a few very frustrating issues that maybe someone could help me with:
  • There are no clear instructions on how to install skins on the lakeridge web-site.
    The desktop keeps shutting down - saying "invalid regis code"
    I have no idea how to install themes for the desktop program
    etc

Overall it seems like a good idea, but if I can't get it to run there's no reason to purchase/waste any more time.
Any Advice?

Old 10-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Patrick Y.
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to Patrick Y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjehu
I've been trying to get either program to work smoothly for about an hour. I found a few very frustrating issues that maybe someone could help me with:
  • There are no clear instructions on how to install skins on the lakeridge web-site.
    The desktop keeps shutting down - saying "invalid regis code"
    I have no idea how to install themes for the desktop program
    etc

Overall it seems like a good idea, but if I can't get it to run there's no reason to purchase/waste any more time.
Any Advice?

Yes, it is hard to configure at first, but it will be amazing once you figure out how the use the program. A must-have!!

Old 10-29-2005, 10:48 PM
jpjehu
Intellectual

TO DARIUS WEY:

What skin is the one you posted? How do you install skins and desktops? I really like the look of what you created/posted and want to make this program work. Please help.