Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 10-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Intermec 761 Approved On Verizon

http://www.intermec.com/eprise/main...se?&pressID=665

"Verizon Wireless customers now can make voice calls, send data and manage documents with an Intermec 761 mobile computer. The Intermec 761 handheld computer is the second-generation device in Intermec's popular Model 700 series to be approved to operate on the Verizon Wireless network. The rugged Intermec 761 supports voice and data transmission using CDMA/1XRTT technologies and employs Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC Phone Edition software for enhanced operation."

It's not a state-of-the-art device, but it is a rugged industral solution; and if you've needed one with Verizon's CDMA network, you now have a choice. I don't see it on Verizon's website at the moment, though; I'm guessing you have to get the device through an Intermec distributor.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:01 AM
VisualMonster
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to VisualMonster

Symbol has a similar rugged PPC device that works with CDMA or GSM networks.

It is an MC9000-K, here's the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.symbol.com/product.php?pr...b=Data%20Sheet

I was evaluating the GSM model, and the GPRS data transfer worked great. I'm not sure why I can't make phone calls on it though, might be the sim card that I'm using....

Old 10-28-2005, 02:26 PM
thunderck
Intellectual

Expect a new version on the MC50 in the next couple months. It will have CDMA/GSM and some other goodies. IMHO for right now at least Symbol blows Intermec way out of the water on devices. I just finished a year long technical review of Intermec and Symbol for a large company purchase. Intermecs devices have not kept up with Symbol. I had to prove my points objectively to upper management. Scan engine and ruggedness are just not apples to apples, just two name two.