Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 10-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Rumor: T-Mobile USA to Have Universal & Wizard?

We've been getting some nice reports (anonymous of course, don't want to get any T-Mobile reps in trouble) that T-Mobile USA (yes, USA) might be getting both the Universal and the Wizard by the end of the year (Optimistic reports were saying by the end of this month). I don't know how much fact there is to this, and I really don't know how much I'd want to buy a T-Mobile branded device after the h6315 fiasco with them. Any T-Mo reps want to contact me with some details? All Information will be reported anonymously of course!

Old 10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Paladin27
Ponderer

That would be spectacular if they did! I've had the aforementioned h6315 from Tmobile since it was released last year. I don't think the issues around this device were so much Tmobiles fault as they were HP's, so hopefully with the HTC devices Tmobile might come out better this time. *fingers crossed*

Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

Wow - that's exciting. It would be evenmore exciting if I could get *any* service from T-Mobile locally. About the only place I get a reliable signal is MacDonalds and anywhere I have to fly to ... Chicago, Atlanta, Washington etc etc , but nowhere that I spend any time at in south Mississippi. Grrrrr ....

Old 10-25-2005, 05:01 PM
NYC567user
Pupil

That is also what my T-mobile corporate re tells me. Supposedly they are testing this with their EDGE NY antennas....hmmm nice...
ETA? Depends on testing and if any bugs..but I have not been given official dates...just rumors..

Old 10-25-2005, 05:02 PM
jgalindo
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to jgalindo
Default great

great news! (if it is true) Hope they have a discount for signing up with them another year.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Pupil

Don't you think that has more todo with HP than T-mobile?

Old 10-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Silver5
Intellectual

I would definitely be interested in these devices if T-Mobile releases them. I actually already have the Wizard and it is VERY good as a device, though not as fast as having EVDO. A few hundred dollars off of the price just for signing for another year would fine with me...

Old 10-25-2005, 06:22 PM
TheZodiac
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to TheZodiac Send a message via Yahoo to TheZodiac

Dont count on it.

Old 10-25-2005, 06:46 PM
mashtim
Intellectual

Dang! Every time I've had enough of the waiting and about to pull the trigger on a Wizard, one of these rumours pops up!

I guess I'll put up with theh6315 for a bit longer. The carrier subsidy is worth it, I reckon.

Besides, this way I'll be able to hold both devices in my hands and make my final decision. Of course, that is assuming T-Mobile will have HTC toss an EDGE radio into the Universal for US deployment.

Here's hoping that any US rollout happens sooner than later!

Old 10-25-2005, 07:14 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashtim
Of course, that is assuming T-Mobile will have HTC toss an EDGE radio into the Universal for US deployment.
Yes, I would think that it would have to a special version of the Universal since the current models all have UTMA on board. Not only does T-Mobile USA not have any support for UTMA, but even if it did, it's the wrong version of UTMA. On the Universal, it's 2100 MHZ (as in Europe), not 1800 MHZ like Cingular is testing in North America. Or vice versa. I forget which MHZ belongs to which continent.