Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default ALK Technologies Releases CoPilot Live 6

http://www.alk.eu.com/copilot/pocketpc.asp

"ALK Technologies today announced the Worldwide availability of CoPilot� Live 6, the latest generation of their award-winning CoPilot� navigation software for mobile phones and PDAs. Unlike dedicated sat nav products or built-in systems, CoPilot� flexibly provides satellite navigation on a wide range of phones or PDAs, including support for Microsoft � Windows Mobile � 5.0 and the latest devices like the T-Mobile MDA Pro. A phone or PDA equipped with CoPilot� Live 6 provides drivers with powerful, yet portable satellite navigation, complete with turn-by-turn voice guidance, comprehensive address entry choice, full UK Post Code search, and detailed street maps. Industry-leading route calculation speeds enable even complex trips to be worked out in seconds."

CoPilot Live 6 for Pocket PCs and Smartphones has just been released, complete with updated NAVTEQ street maps covering Western to Eastern Europe, a new UK postcode search function, thousands of new and updated points of interest, improved touch-screen menus and a large finger-touch keyboard, support for real-time traffic, support for Windows Mobile 5.0 and VGA/landscape/square screens, and much more. Additional information can be found in the press release and product information page.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 AM
bystander
Ponderer

The URL for this link is a European address as is all of the data.

I am suspicious that the USA version has not yet been released.

All discussion and illustrations are of a European flavor and sound. I think that we must wait a little longer for a version for the USA.

:cry:

Old 10-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander
All discussion and illustrations are of a European flavor and sound. I think that we must wait a little longer for a version for the USA.
A press release has been published by the American ALK centre, though their product pages haven't been updated yet.

Here's the PR: http://www.alk.com/press/releases/pr_102105.asp

I'd watch their product pages over the next couple of days for a refresh.