Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Think Outside Announces Bluetooth Support for Windows Mobile 5.0

http://www.thinkoutside.com/company...%20complete.pdf

Think Outside has just released a digitally-signed enhanced keyboard driver that supports Windows Mobile 5.0. With the Stowaway Universal Bluetooth Keyboard and the driver, Windows Mobile 5.0 users will have the option to use the Stowaway Bluetooth Travel Mouse in conjunction with the keyboard, as well as make use of a new shortcut utility that allows users to find key combinations that produce alternate characters and symbols. The updated driver can be downloaded from here.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:08 AM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

Hmm, I always thought it was a no-brainer. However, this is all good news. I use the mouse and keyboard with my iPAQ 5550. People always are amazed when I use it.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:00 AM
huangzhinong
Philosopher

It's really funny. The picture shows FJ N520, which has no bluetooth.

I may be wrong.

I am not sure now. N520 hard buttons have the same color as body color. It may be a new PPC device.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:02 AM
lapchinj
Thinker

I'm not sure if this is the thread for this but I have to ask.

I was looking at buying a keyboard for my x50v but this doesn't have the infamous top numbers row. But at the moment I'm using the HP bluetooth keyboard (with all the keys ) with my hp4150. Since I'm looking for a keyboard for the x50v I was wondering if anyone new of any bluetooth drivers for the Dell? I haven't upgraded to WM5 as of yet but I'm looking for any driver info on either of the versions.

Jeff-

Old 10-14-2005, 05:09 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangzhinong
It's not the N520, and for the record, the picture has nothing to do with this post. I just included because it had a Think Outside keyboard in it. 8)

Old 10-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangzhinong

I may be wrong.

I am not sure now. N520 hard buttons have the same color as body color. It may be a new PPC device.
It's the PL720. ThinkOutside has been using this for more than half a year.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Its also funny that the Toshiba is in the picture. And I know its not compatible.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 10-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Dogo
Pupil
Default Funny...

...why doesn�t Thinkoutside develop and test their drivers properly before embarking into newer OS supports or other marketing moves ? :confused totally: :confused totally: :confused totally:
I am stating this because their latest driver version (4.2) for PPC 2003 is absolutely unstable on my Ipaq 2215 and other models, as you can easily confirm on Thinkoutside�s forums under "Secure reconnection" topic.

Old 10-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor
Default Re: Funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogo
...why doesn�t Thinkoutside develop and test their drivers properly before embarking into newer OS supports or other marketing moves ? :confused totally: :confused totally: :confused totally:
I am stating this because their latest driver version (4.2) for PPC 2003 is absolutely unstable on my Ipaq 2215 and other models, as you can easily confirm on Thinkoutside�s forums under "Secure reconnection" topic.
hehe i know what you mean.. I finnaly got 4.2 working (or i understand it's quirks) i'm almost affraid to upgrade to 4.3. Maybe i should just leave well enough alone. Until i break down and buy that k-jam i told myself i don't need.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Menneisyys
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default Re: Funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogo
4.2 has caused problems on WM2003SE problems too; I've also dongraded back to 4.1 after constantly running into them on my PL720.