Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-02-2005, 05:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default JGUI Releases A.SMS

http://www.jgui.net/asms/

A.SMS is designed to replace the default Messaging application included in Windows Mobile. With it, you can encrypt, decrypt and manage all incoming and outgoing SMS messages. Handango is offering a free trial version of the application. If you like it, $18.99 will get you the full version. [Affiliate]

Old 10-02-2005, 09:18 AM
farnold
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to farnold

It's amazing that JGUI's programs time and again make it to be mentioned - even the "quality" of his programs are widely known.

For those of you who haven't tried one of JGUI's programs before: Make sure you have a good backup before you install anything! It wouldn't be the first program from JGUI that generates more hard resets that empty batteries or that resist any attempt to get rid of it again.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
JGUI
Pupil
Default good faith

I'm author of A.SMS

Although I understand you have rights to your opinion about my software (btw. most problems are made by conflicts with another programs where touch the same features).
But I cannot understand why do you responsible to write "It wouldn't..."

More good faith. Please.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:07 AM
JGUI
Pupil
Default 2.0. version

All users: please report me any problems with your device model name.
TIA.

I deep tested this A.SMS program with the following hardware: XDA, XDAIII, VDAII, MDA MINI, I-MATE JAM, HW6515. I'm not sure if this current version is running with WM5 yet. Soon, I will test more.

The MS Smartphone verions is under developing already, and it will be a fully-compatibility with Phone Edition current version.

I just updated 2.0. version, where I added more manage functions: delete today's messages, delete older than today's, delete all reports, delete all encrypted messages, delete all messages in Inbox.

Also, the time schedulling is improved.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Silver5
Intellectual

When I first heard about this program (sorry, it was on another site) I was about to buy it, but I decided I'd like to wait and see if it would be updated to work with WM 5, as well as whether it would even be reliable. I think that for now I'll wait and see. This does look like a really great program, but I don't like taking huge leaps of faith just to land in a bad spot.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:14 PM
JGUI
Pupil
Default tested on Windows Mobile 5

Thanks for comments.

I just tested A.SMS in WindowMobile5 emulator of MS VisualStudio.

All runs smoothly! No problems! Except the commandbar is displayed in "old" WindowsMobile2003 style.

I don't know at this moment, if I should change the commandbar view to the newest of WM5 or not? Please let me know your opinion. The newest WM5 commandbar displays only to buttons. A.SMS uses many menus and icons on commandbar for easier using. I can move some menus and icons to one of the WM5 commandbar's button. But... will it be easier in daily operations?

Certainly, I updated default MyText strings, as I see on WM5 emulator.

So, if you have WM5 device, could you test A.SMS in reality, right now?

8)

Old 10-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Re: tested on Windows Mobile 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGUI
I don't know at this moment, if I should change the commandbar view to the newest of WM5 or not? Please let me know your opinion.
The soft-keys appear to be all the rage at the moment, so to accommodate for those users who use it, I think it's probably worth updating (or at least include both options and give the users the choice to select one of the two). My two cents for the day.

Old 10-03-2005, 03:32 AM
noel_foster
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to noel_foster Send a message via MSN to noel_foster

You asked for feedback, but I can't find your email address in the thread. I have an HP iPAQ 6320. Install program states it is not compatable with my device and would not install.

Old 10-03-2005, 11:33 AM
bmksc
Neophyte

I'm using XDAII, WM2003 PE. It said that it not support my device.
I also install using the cab file, but it can't run.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
JGUI
Pupil
Default new setup files

I think the problem with HP machines is about OS. I'm not sure if there is PPC2003Second Edition?
I can release previous systems, but at this point of view PPC2003SE WM2003 WM5 will display message "can display incorrectly". What I don't want for users of these systems.

So I decided to made two different setup files:

For PPC2002, PPC2003
http://www.jgui.net/asms/ASMS.SETUP2002.exe

For PPC2003SE, WM2003, WM5
http://www.jgui.net/asms/ASMS.SETUP.exe

If you need PPC2002 setup, you can download and install. Then if you want to unlock the trial version, please use one of on-line shop. You will get Registration Code which will run with PPC2002 version too.
If not, please report me: [email protected]