Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default NoviiRemote Deluxe Universal Remote Software Version 3.1 Released

http://www.novii.tv/nrdeluxeppc

"NoviiMedia. . . have unveiled a new version of their award-winning remote control software NoviiRemote Deluxe. The application. . . supports nearly unlimited options for customizing. At a cost of just $34.99, a PDA owner will get a high-end color touch screen remote. A traditional remote control with these features costs from $600 to $1000. Now with the new Deluxe version, an enormous array of new features is available."

On of the big selling points of this new release of NoviiRemote is that you can pretty much design your own remote control, or simply use one of the pre-designed skins. The software comes with over a hundred infrared codes for TVs, cable and satellite boxes etc and you can download another 500 codes if required. This release supports the 'newest Pocket PCs' and looks like a good solution. It costs US $34.99 and is available here. Do you guys generally use your Pocket PCs as universal controls and if so, what remote software do you tend to use?

Old 09-23-2005, 03:18 PM
henri_smeets
Neophyte

Seems to be a great app, now if they only made it viewable without sunglasses, I mean 'Come on' What's with those overly saturated colors!

Old 09-23-2005, 04:20 PM
stevelam
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri_smeets
Seems to be a great app, now if they only made it viewable without sunglasses, I mean 'Come on' What's with those overly saturated colors!
:lol:

I use Nevo as it came with my h2210.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:33 PM
asims
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri_smeets
From the screenshots on the website, it looks like you can change the colors to your liking.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:49 PM
asims
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelam
I use Nevo as it came with my h2210.
Nevo came on my h2215 and I really like it (my 13 year old son thinks it really cool). But I have a dvd/vcr combo player and Nevo doesn't seem to have any codes for that kind of combination. Any ideas on how to create a one- or two-screen layout so I could switch from dvd control to vcr control without having to exit first?

Old 09-23-2005, 07:43 PM
rmasinag
Theorist

Nevo was one of those seldomly used program on my 2210 until the cable remote broke at my house. My parents doesn't seem keen on replacing it right away, so while they endure the frustration of changing channels by getting excercise, I still havet yet to do the same thing when I'm watching

Old 09-23-2005, 08:46 PM
smashie2000
Pupil

I must admit that I never used it until I moved a couple of months ago. Now I use it all the time.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:47 PM
sofene
Pupil

The only I missed when my h3970 broke was Nevo. I was yet to come across any equipment with infra-red remote that it couldn't control or learn within seconds. It was the envy of most of my friends. Now if only the makers would offer it publicly for other pocket pcs. None of of these wishy-washy so called remote control applications has come anywhere near Nevo.

Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 AM
ctitanic
Oracle

What a coincidence! I was looking for a remote control program for my x51v today and I tested this program. I'm very impressed with this one. It works very well and it looks wonderful in a VGA. The only thing that I did not like is that it has only about 500 precoded devices, for the rest you have to use the usual learn process. Very customizable.

Old 09-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Duncan
Pontificator

As a teacher RC software for my Loox has been a godsend. TV and video remotes for the machines in our classrooms are like urban myths - everyone can remember seeing them at some point in the past but no-one can verify their existence...!

Me - I just turn my Loox on and never have to worry.