Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default GeoRally EX Released for the Axim X50v

http://ionfx.com/product_EX.php

"GeoRally EX is our new immersive and realistic racing game for the Dell Axim X50v Pocket PC. Race through more than 15 stages of rally-racing action as you compete for racing supremacy. GeoRally EX represents the next generation of Pocket PC gaming, combining outstanding hardware accelerated graphics and unparalleled gameplay."

IonFX has just released GeoRally EX, a graphic-intensive game designed solely for the Dell Axim X50v (and I'm sure hardware-wise, the X51v supports it as well). The game will have you racing through heavily detailed environments, complete with car effects such as skids, flips and rolls! GeoRally EX can be purchased for $19.95.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

This is a VERY cool game - the full version comes with the X51v, and it's slick.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:20 PM
carphead
Thinker

No Demo No Go Shame I like the look of this.

Old 09-22-2005, 09:48 PM
LightMan
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
This is a VERY cool game - the full version comes with the X51v, and it's slick.
Does it play as good as it looks? :roll:

Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMan
I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes - I think the game has excellent graphics. The controls are a bit tricky because it's a landscape game, and you use the d-pad, which means the narrow part of the d-pad is the left/right control.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Paragon
Magi

Oh sure, I sold my x50v just last week....aaarrrggg!!

Old 09-23-2005, 01:03 AM
mscdex
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMan
I'm not sure why you're rolling your eyes - I think the game has excellent graphics. The controls are a bit tricky because it's a landscape game, and you use the d-pad, which means the narrow part of the d-pad is the left/right control.
I don't think he meant that the graphics were bad, it's just that the controls in a lot of the 3d games like this are usually too sensitive or not sensitive enough.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:40 AM
Clinton Fitch
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Clinton Fitch

Quote:
Yup, have to agree! Once you get the trick on the D-Pad, you will have a hard time putting it down if you even remotely like racing games.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:50 PM
LightMan
Pupil

Quote:
I wasn't being sarcastic, if that's what you thought It's as mscdex said, some games look really good and then game play doesn't live up to the quality of the visuals.

I agree, from the screenshots, it's the best looking racing game I've seen so far on ppc (although Stuntcar Extreme is also quite impressive)

Old 09-26-2005, 05:59 AM
beq
Oracle

I wonder why only the Dell X50v/X51v (is it exclusive licensing arrangement, or technical limitations)?

I want to upgrade from existing Blue Angel/Magician to next-gen Universal/Wizard. Will the Universal for example be able to play this?

Anyways, I wonder if this is as good a gameplay experience as, say Ridge Racer on my PSP.

BTW I just bought Namco Museum Battle Collection for the PSP earlier today while I was still in Mississippi (before heading back home to Houston to assess damage). It seemed overpriced at $40, but contains 20+ classics like Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, etc, and reminded me of BitBanks' previous classic-compilation games on the PPC Haven't had a chance to try it yet since my gf borrowed it...