Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 10-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Grab The Windows Mobile 5.0 Development Evaluation Kit Now!

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Lin...010&clcid=0x409

"Get the Windows Mobile 5.0 Developer Evaluation Kit and start developing applications for Windows Mobile 5.0 before the official release of Visual Studio 2005. This kit includes developer tools and technical resources, including Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, Windows Mobile 5.0 SDKs, Microsoft ActiveSync version 4.0, white papers, and training videos."

Just a reminder - If you're interested in windows mobile development, and you don't have an issue with ordering a FREE kit to check it out, then this is probably calling your name. I've ordered mine - and paid only Shipping & Handling of $5.50 (I figure it's worth that just to have copies of the SDK around that I don't have to download later!).

Old 10-04-2005, 01:47 PM
wocket
Thinker

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I was suprised at how quick it arrived.

Still hav'nt had a chance to look at it though :evil:

Old 10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I just ordered mine. Though I've never developed a mobile applicaton before.

Not sure I'll even use this one. {sigh} :roll:

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 10-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

This is an awesome kit if you're eager to get up and running in the Windows Mobile 5.0 development space. Highly recommended. :way to go:

Old 10-05-2005, 01:44 AM
JPD6825
Intellectual
Default WM5 SDK

I ordered mine the first time this popped up in a post. It came a couple of weeks ago. Yes, they did deliver quickly! Right after I got it I mentioned it to a real IT friend; he warned me "Don't install it on your main system unless you are willing to live with it - if it hoses the system. Don't forget it is a Beta." So I haven't installed it yet. I like to hear about other's experience with it so far.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Re: WM5 SDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd6825
I ordered mine the first time this popped up in a post. It came a couple of weeks ago. Yes, they did deliver quickly! Right after I got it I mentioned it to a real IT friend; he warned me "Don't install it on your main system unless you are willing to live with it - if it hoses the system. Don't forget it is a Beta." So I haven't installed it yet. I like to hear about other's experience with it so far.
VS2005 has been in beta for the past year, yet it's been very stable (for me, at least). Granted, there are bugs and you might experience the odd crash or two, but that's something almost every program has. In my opinion, Beta 2 is certainly worth checking out, but if you're wary about the state of your system, you can always wait until November 7 for the final release of VS2005 and .NET CF 2.0.