Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default PenWise 2.0 Released

http://www.fastvm.com/penwise.html

"Instead of system-defined generic handwriting pattern, PenWise uses a fully-customizable personal handwriting pattern database and provides an easy-to-use customizing tool, PenWise Trainer. Via personalization, PenWise offers fast writing (fast input) and high recognition accuracy."

Korean company, InterWise, has just released PenWise 2.0 - handwriting recognition software for Pocket PCs running Pocket PC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003/2003SE. It features a personal pattern database, multi-stroke support, fast recognition speeds, and a virtual keyboard. A trial version is available from Handango. If it's to your liking, the full version can be purchased for $19.95. [Affiliate]

Old 09-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Hmm.. i kinda like this idea. Don't know that it would actually be any better than the buildin character recognizer. I assume you write in the sip area and not anywhere on the screen. I guess it would be a really nice thing for those who have trouble with the default character recognizer.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:51 PM
cab124
Intellectual

Seems like there are at least 6-8 different data input software applications available for the PocketPC these days. Has there ever been a a poll asking users which of these applications they prefer? Is there a clear-cut most-popular choice?

Old 09-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

I don't know if there is a most popular choice. It all depends on the user. I personally do not have any input methods in stalled other than the default. I use the keyboard built into my device most of the time. Letter recognizer and the on screen keyboard the rest of the time. Or stowaway bluetooth keyboard for heavy typing.
I won't but this software or any other input method. I am more than happy with the default input choices. But that's just me.