Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Resco Explorer 2005 Released

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/default.asp

"Resco Explorer 2005 is a powerful file management utility for your Pocket PC. It implements all standard features such as file/folder manipulation. Thus, you can copy, move or delete files, create folders, run programs with arguments, and search for files or folders."

In my opinion, Resco Explorer 2005 is the deity of all mobile file browsers. Packed with a file manager, a Today plugin, a built-in viewer, system information support, encryption support, archive support, a registry editor, a network browser, and Windows Mobile 5.0 support, Resco Explorer clearly has more features than you can poke a stick at. A 14-day trial version is available from Handango, and if it's to your liking, it can be purchased for $24.95. [Affiliate]

Old 08-26-2005, 05:25 AM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Whats the upgrade policy?

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 08-26-2005, 05:35 AM
emmfan
Ponderer

http://www.resco.net/products/policy.htm

Looks like I just made it under the 1 year limit. Just sent my request, so should get it in 24 hours.

Old 08-26-2005, 05:37 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Interesting. This says that if you own a Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox 610, HP iPAQ h19XX, h41XX, h43XX, h51XX you are eligible for a 40% discount.

The same page says free upgrades for one year but it isn't clear whether that's to or from v2005.

Old 08-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Resco Review

If you want to find out some of the capabilities of Resco Explorer, you can read my review of Resco Explorer 2003 Version 5.0. (Make sure you have a fast connection to download all of the screen shots. :-))

The review isn't of 2005, but 2005 doesn't sound like it added many new features other than a Today plug-in and Windows Mobile 5 support.

Steve

Old 08-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourner753
Whats the upgrade policy?
If you last purchased it less than a year ago, you're eligible for a free upgrade. Otherwise, if you last purchased it over a year ago, you're eligible for a 50% discount. emmfan's link has more information.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:45 AM
frax
Pupil

what is a motherload? maybe you mean mother lode, but that doesn't really make sense...

here is this old woman
she lives down the road
you can often find her
kneeling inside of her hole
and i often ask her
"are you looking for the mother lode?"
huh?
no.
no my child, this is not my desire
and then she said
I'm digging for fire

Old 08-26-2005, 11:33 AM
Andy Whiteford
Sage

Anyone get this new version to install properly? I have tried it twice now and both times the install forder remains empty and the app cannot be found when I try to launch it????

Old 08-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by frax
what is a motherload? maybe you mean mother lode, but that doesn't really make sense...
It's a bit of urban slang for "jackpot". I guess not everyone has heard it before. :|

Old 08-26-2005, 12:11 PM
G M Fude
Ponderer

Darius, sorry to be pedantic, but frax is right. The slang really is mother lode. The root is a mining term, meaning something like a bonanza.

Steve (pony), that's a really good review, well detailed and covers a lot of the features of a rich application.