Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default InClose Mobile: Free Task Manager

http://www.insuitemobile.com/downloads/beta/

InClose Mobile is a free task manager supporting gestures, tap-and-hold functionality, and custom button images. It is compatible with QVGA and VGA devices, as well as Windows Mobile 5.0. Handango and the InSuite Mobile page has additional information on the product. [Affiliate]

Old 08-21-2005, 09:47 AM
wouterk
Pupil
Default Tried it but....

Hi there,
I tried this program. It was ok but it is almost 2Mb!!
There are a lot of alternatives which are about 10 or 20 times smaller.
Wouter

Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

If it's "compatible with Windows Mobile 5", then I take it Win Mobile 5 still minimizes instead of closes when you hit the "close" button? Good to hear Microsoft takes thousands of customer's suggestions into account :roll: I guess the 50k of additional code it would have taken to add an options for users to either minimize or close on exit was beyond their resources. Perhaps they needed to add more "cut and paste" exercises to their startup after hard resets

Old 08-21-2005, 06:47 PM
wouterk
Pupil

I don't know about Win Mobile 5 support.
But your remark about cut and paste is after a hard reset made me laugh LOL
Wouter

Old 08-21-2005, 07:30 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleReeck
I guess the 50k of additional code it would have taken to add an options for users to either minimize or close on exit was beyond their resources.
Finally! That's the point. To CHOOSE if you want to minimize or close a program. I like people saying "We want a close button that closes programs, not minimize", but if you can not minimize programs, then we end up at single-tasking (Can i smell a 4-letter word called "P*lm" here?...)

Old 08-21-2005, 09:39 PM
surur
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTamas
Quote:
I guess the 50k of additional code it would have taken to add an options for users to either minimize or close on exit was beyond their resources.
Finally! That's the point. To CHOOSE if you want to minimize or close a program. I like people saying "We want a close button that closes programs, not minimize", but if you can not minimize programs, then we end up at single-tasking (Can i smell a 4-letter word called "P*lm" here?...)
There are other ways to switch programs besides the close button, such as using the start menu, that contains a list of the 5 recently used programs.

Regarding this software, it works very poorly on my loox 720, and I have uninstalled it already.

Surur

Old 08-21-2005, 09:42 PM
KTamas
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTamas
Quote:
There are other ways to switch programs besides the close button, such as using the start menu, that contains a list of the 5 recently used programs.

Regarding this software, it works very poorly on my loox 720, and I have uninstalled it already.

Surur
Yes, but that would still be closing/re-launching.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 PM
ipaq_wannabe
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to ipaq_wannabe

when does M$ ever listens to its customers? ... which for me, is no surprise at all...

- taking out WiFi from AS 4.0 (inspite of the MVPs speaking out)
- how many iterations of the OS do we need to get PocketWord to be more than just a glorified WordPad?
- ditto for Excel...
- and, yes, that "minimize/close" issue - been there since WinCE 1.2

*sigh*

Old 08-21-2005, 10:38 PM
saru83
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaq_wannabe
when does M$ ever listens to its customers? ... which for me, is no surprise at all...

- how many iterations of the OS do we need to get PocketWord to be more than just a glorified WordPad?
- ditto for Excel...

Well, thats true, although its the most populer OS in any kind of device like Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, PPC's & Mulitmedia devices... Weird huh!!! its like people cant live without MS :!:

Old 08-21-2005, 10:51 PM
ipaq_wannabe
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to ipaq_wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saru83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaq_wannabe

- ditto for Excel...

Well, thats true, although its the most populer OS in any kind of device like Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, PPC's & Mulitmedia devices... Weird huh!!! its like people cant live without MS :!:
*unfortunately*

its kind like of a love-and-hate relationship (marriage???) - we know we CANNOT live without it, and we do know we WANT to LIVE without it., and ALSO Micro$oft knows...