Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Mozongoware Reviews Ancient Evil

http://www.mozongoware.com/featured...asp?article=712

"Ancient Evil by Pocket PC Studios is an RPG game reminiscent of the very popular game for PCs called Diablo. The game has tremendous graphics presented in a 3D isometric view. There are 2 versions, QVGA (320x240) and VGA (640x480). The game graphics feature atmospheric real-time lighting, real-time directional shadows and realistically animated 3D models for all characters and monsters. The game is big. I needed 44M of space on my SD card. Each save game is 680k and saves take a little while."

Mozongoware has a review up of the new game Ancient Evil by Pocket PC Studios. They give it 4 stars, and the game looks pretty awesome if you want to do some true RPG'ing on your PPC. If you like the game, you can purchase it for $24.95 at the Pocket PC Thoughts Handango Store, The VGA Edition or the The QVGA Edition . I can also safely say that this is the first major temptation since I started my Tech Sabbatical last month. For anyone interested - I saved about $150 last month, but my spreadsheet got toasted in a hasty hard drive re-format. 2 months left...

Old 08-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Sully
Pupil

Just download the demo and installed. Very good. I like it!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:43 AM
stevelam
Thinker

I hate the fact that you have to chose between QVGA & VGA. My currant device is QVGA (h2210) but my next device will be VGA (HTC Universal Dell X70). What to I do, buy a game that works now but not in 3-6 months or buy one that dosent work. Arghhhhh

Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 PM
EvilOne
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelam
I hate the fact that you have to chose between QVGA & VGA. My currant device is QVGA (h2210) but my next device will be VGA (HTC Universal Dell X70). What to I do, buy a game that works now but not in 3-6 months or buy one that dosent work. Arghhhhh
Actually when you purchase it, you get to download BOTH the VGA and QVGA applications as either EXEs or CABs.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:49 PM
MG
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelam
You should done with it by then. It will feel "old" and "played" by then!

Mark