Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Exclusive Download: Pocket PC Thoughts Wallpaper for Standard and Widescreen Displays

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/for...wforum.php?f=59

The official Pocket PC Thoughts wallpaper is now available in the Downloads forum. This forum is open for access only to registered members of the site, so if you've yet to become a member, click here to join. Registration is free.

Continue on for a quick preview!

Designed to fit typical standard and widescreen displays from 800 x 600 up to 1920 x 1440, the Pocket PC Thoughts wallpaper features a minimalist style, designed to be clean, simple, and easy on the eyes.

To download the Pocket PC Thoughts wallpaper, visit the exclusive Downloads forum.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Spenser
Ponderer

I like the idea, but: white letters on a dark blue background are good; white letters on a light background are almost unreadable. For people with many icons on all places of the screen this picture is not very helpful. Sorry for saying that. I appreciate the work though.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenser
I like the idea, but: white letters on a dark blue background are good; white letters on a light background are almost unreadable. For people with many icons on all places of the screen this picture is not very helpful. Sorry for saying that. I appreciate the work though.
What you've said makes sense, though most operating systems combat this problem by enabling shadows on icon labels. Do you have that enabled?

Old 07-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Spenser
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
... though most operating systems combat this problem by enabling shadows on icon labels. Do you have that enabled?
I must admit: no. And I wouldn't know how. I've got XP-Home.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:29 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Quote:
... though most operating systems combat this problem by enabling shadows on icon labels. Do you have that enabled?
I must admit: no. And I wouldn't know how. I've got XP-Home.
It's quite easy to set up. Here are step-by-step instructions:

1. Right-click My Computer on the desktop, and select Properties.
2. Select the Advanced tab.
3. Click the Settings button corresponding to the section titled, "Performance".
4. Select the Custom radio button, and in the scroll box, find the "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" field listed second from the bottom, enable it, then apply your changes.

Hopefully, that'll improve things.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Spenser
Ponderer

Quote:
... enabling shadows on icon labels. Do you have that enabled?
Darius, I had already deleted the file. Now I tried again and I CAN see a shadow underneath the icon-names. But I cannot really say that they are easy to read. What I also found out: when you fix the Web-Elements then a blue-colored box appears under the names. Now it is perfectly readable but the impression of the picture is much weaker.
I don't know but I won't probably use it.

Old 07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Well, FWIW, in XP Pro with icon shadows turned on (which they are by default), I can read every icon on my screen - so I quite like it. :mrgreen:

Old 07-29-2005, 04:44 PM
dean_shan
Mystic

Very nice Darius. I like how it is simple and clean.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_shan
Very nice Darius. I like how it is simple and clean.
Thanks.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:15 AM
hx2210
Pupil

Excellent wallpaper, now all we need is a theme for our pocket pcs