Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default First Impressions - BenQ P50

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...ad.php?t=686971

HowardForums is cookin' with information on the BenQ P50 (the device you either love or hate). A couple of the readers have just received their P50s from a seller on eBay and they're doing the right thing by reporting back with first impressions. If you're genuinely interested in this device or you simply have time to kill, be sure to visit HowardForums to see what they have to say about it.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:58 PM
d-roC
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to d-roC Send a message via Yahoo to d-roC

Its neat. I didnt like it so much at CES as I didnt get to play with it at all there. But its neat. I wonder about the battery life and price, but it 'could' be a Treo killer.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Kowalski
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Kowalski

the device wont be a "killer" in my opinion. the treo hit the shelves too long ago, and at that time the device was " one of a kind ". today there are good pda devices with built in gsm capability and this device doesnt have a unique feature

Old 07-26-2005, 03:12 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

Well it's about time. At one point I thought this phone was drool-worthy, and if there weren't other phones headed our way, I would be very tempted. But it think the HTC wizard seems to be the best mix of size and features for me.

I still the I'm going to get me a HTC Universal when available and just use it as my primary PDA, between that and the Wizard, I should be a pretty happy (and broke) camper. :lol:

Old 07-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Yeah, the new hp phone has a much better chance of being a killer.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:59 PM
d-roC
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to d-roC Send a message via Yahoo to d-roC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
When I read this I started to just flume and then thought about it; businesses like iPaqs, and so you could be right.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:36 PM
The Sarge
Neophyte

The P50 has some nice heft to it - you could whack someone in the head with it for sure, and I bet it could take a bullet. But it's way late to market - BenQ has their head up their a$$ with this product. :devilboy:

Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-roC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
When I read this I started to just flume and then thought about it; businesses like iPaqs, and so you could be right.
right. i was in no way saying i like the ipaq better or anything but the ipaq is more available and has more of that gadget factor to it. i do think hp did a good job hitting their target market with their new device. how many pocket pc power users use a blackberry? i know there are a few of you out there so don't get bent out of shape. but you know what i mean.
most of the power users have moved on to lust for the universal, the small form and keyboard folks will probably be all over the new jam with sliding keyboard, the blackberry people won't even know this device exists. i honestly don't think this device will sell well at all.

i think it's cool and love the size, but i wouldn't give up my sx66 for it. i'd reather wait for the universal, or the new jam, or even the upaq once it gets built in wifi.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 AM
saru83
Thinker

Alhough its out there SOOO late, but its still a really GOOD device & i'm concedering to trade it with my Imate Jam, Even though i'm in LOVE with the HTC Universal, but u never know when will it be out, right?

ANY THOUGHTS???

Regards,
Sarwat