Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Handango Sports a New Look

http://www.handango.com/

Earlier this month, Handango opened its beta portal for testing (dubbed, "Handango Enhanced"). That phase is now over, and the new-look Handango has just been launched. Besides the eye-candy, Handango now features an improved search engine, enhanced navigation features, and a new software recommendations section. To be honest, the new appearance probably won't affect me much since I've always used the Pocket PC Thoughts software store, which I've happily accustomed to over the past couple of years. However, for all you daily Handango visitors, what are your thoughts on the new look? Better or worse?

Update #1: Okay, so the site was updated a short while ago, but it seems to have reverted back to the old version. :roll: I'm hoping within the next couple of hours, it'll switch back.

Update #2: After long hauls of failed load attempts and hacked site designs, the new Handango appears to have returned (again). Hopefully, it'll remain "as-is" for good, and if it doesn't, then... uppydogeyes:

Old 07-20-2005, 04:20 PM
iant54
Intellectual

When clicking on the story title or my bookmark, I'm still getting the old site. However, clicking on the "Handango Enhanced" link, I get through to the beta site and can see that they haven't (yet) taken my comment regarding the lack of a sort by "date of Last Update" on board.

I go to the Handango site daily to check if there's any updates to the software I use - under the new beta site, my check will take far longer and be more frustrating.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:36 PM
encece
Mystic
Send a message via MSN to encece Send a message via Skype™ to encece

WORSE!. Where are the updated/new filters?
Why do you need to pick your smartphone before seeing the apps? They dont all show the same apps even if they are running the same OS!

Old 07-20-2005, 04:54 PM
vicott
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to vicott Send a message via MSN to vicott Send a message via Yahoo to vicott

The current Handango site doesn't look like it's compatible with Firefox, which is so uncool :?

Old 07-20-2005, 04:56 PM
thomas1973
Intellectual

I hope they have REALLY improved their search engine! It SUCKS big time. The way it was, it was totally useless, and made me use Google to find the software on Handango's pages! Searching for popular software like WorldMate or PocketBreeze, brings up all kinds of results that include the word 'World' or 'Pocket' - except for the ones I'm looking for!

So if only the horrible search engine has been improved - I'm pretty happy :-)

Thomas.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicott
The current Handango site doesn't look like it's compatible with Firefox, which is so uncool :?
Yeah, it was fine a couple of hours ago. Now I think it's just stuck in the ugly transition phase (thankfully, this wasn't the new change I was talking about). :lol:

Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM
stevelam
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
Quote:
Yeah, it was fine a couple of hours ago. Now I think it's just stuck in the ugly transition phase (thankfully, this wasn't the new change I was talking about). :lol:
Its definately fine with 1.05 (although I havent got round to updating to 1.06 yet).

Old 07-20-2005, 05:58 PM
vicott
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to vicott Send a message via MSN to vicott Send a message via Yahoo to vicott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
Quote:
Yeah, guess it's alright now, after I've forced a refresh of the webpages. Now I know what you meant by the ugly transition :lol: The new site looks clean & neat. However, the webpages are taking an awfully long time to load, or never seem to load at all :roll:

Old 07-20-2005, 06:06 PM
SHC
Intellectual

Don't like it much. I usually go straight to the page of updated programmes - can't find any such page. I did tell them this when they had the beta running. So unless it's hidden it will take ages to trawl through finding my progs and checking version numbers etc. :cry:

Old 07-20-2005, 06:42 PM
iant54
Intellectual

Err ... it's reverted to the old version again! Tried doing a refresh as well.