Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default SBSH iLauncher 2.1 Released

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=5535

"iLauncher's next major version was released today, version 2.1 offers new tabs display mode, full support in alpha blending custom shortcut icons and tab icons, battery and memory meters and much more!"

SBSH Mobile Software has just released a fantastic update to their iLauncher software. The new v2.1 now features tab displays, full alpha blending capabilities, and a light-weight launcher. A free trial version is available from SBSH or Handango. The full version is available for only $8.95. [Affiliate]

Old 07-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Heavy Eddie
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to Heavy Eddie
Default No Battery Indicator

It won't be long and my entire today screen will be their products. Only thing that isn't an SBSH product that I have left is weather panel.

I'm not sure if I'm looking past it or if it has been removed, but I can't find the option to display a battery indicator in the taskbar.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:41 PM
amitregev
Intellectual

Hi Heavy Eddie

I'm really glad to hear you enjoy using our products!

As for the meters, this is still here, we only moved the option. Go to the shortcuts screen to add a new shortcut, open the list of options inside the navigation combo box and there you will find the option "Meters". Currently you will only find the regular joint battery and memory meter we also had with the older version, but I can already say that the reason we moved the meters to a selection list and not a simple option, as it was before, is because we will soon be starting add a few additional optional meters

We hope to have additional meters ready pretty soon.

You can add the meter to the bottom tray bar as before or to any of your other tabs.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Jacob
Pontificator

Amit,

You're finding new ways to get me to give you money. This isn't good for my wallet.

This looks really nice. I will have to try it.

By the way Amit, on the product page you have a typo where it says "iLaucnher display" instead of "iLauncher display"

Old 07-19-2005, 04:21 PM
szamot
Sage

does any one know if this package can be installed to the storage card? It seems that SPB Pocket Plus, even the 3.0 version, still won't do it?

Old 07-19-2005, 04:25 PM
amitregev
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob
Amit,

You're finding new ways to get me to give you money. This isn't good for my wallet.

This looks really nice. I will have to try it.

By the way Amit, on the product page you have a typo where it says "iLaucnher display" instead of "iLauncher display"
Sorry about that Jacob but I'm really glad to hear you enjoy the new version!

If you use a VGA device, you MUST try the new Expea 2 skin with the new iLauncher! Mickesjo really did an amazing job with this skin which brings the new iLauncher version to life 8)

You can download the Expea 2 skin from the following URL:
http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5537

Since I know you also use PocketBreeze, you are entitled to receive a discount on iLauncher (it will take us a few more days to email the discount newsletter to all our users), so if you decide to buy it don't pay the full price email me directly at [email protected] and I will email you back the information until the newsletter will be ready.

Thanks for the typo notice - I'll fix it right away. I should really stop writing the site pages at 3am...

Old 07-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by szamot
does any one know if this package can be installed to the storage card?
Usually, for Today plugins, it's advised to leave it in RAM - (1) for speed purposes, and (2) to counter lags in storage card initialisation issues. However, some programs have tackled the program by installing the bulk of the program in ROM or on the storage card, and leaving only essential files in RAM. I can't comment on whether iLauncher 2.1 supports this, but despite what you think, Spb Pocket Plus 3.0 does. Just ignore the warning message that appears during installation, and it should install and run fine.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:30 PM
amitregev
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by szamot
does any one know if this package can be installed to the storage card? It seems that SPB Pocket Plus, even the 3.0 version, still won't do it?
iLauncher 2.1 should work just fine from a storage card

The installer will automatically place only the main DLL (which is only 200kb) on the main memory and all other sections, like the settings etc. will be placed on your installation destination

Old 07-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Heavy Eddie
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to Heavy Eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitregev
Hi Heavy Eddie
I can already say that the reason we moved the meters to a selection list and not a simple option, as it was before, is because we will soon be starting add a few additional optional meters
Not as intuitive, but give much more flexibility... Thanks. You will see an order tonight. I like the product, but the customer support was even better. Heck, I didn't even post it on your forums!

Keep up the great work... now to go download that skin!

Old 07-19-2005, 10:02 PM
amitregev
Intellectual

Thanks Heavy Eddie for the support!

If you still haven't tried the skin you haven't really seen what iLauncher can do