Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 07-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Scenarios For Windows Mobile Devices

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/about/default.mspx

If you are like me, you look at a device from a specifications point of view. How much RAM does it have? How fast is the processor? We can take that information and our list of what we want to accomplish with the device and figure out what operating system would be best, what device, etc. We are geeks, that is what we do.

Not everyone is like that though. They need a scenario. How will this help me out each day? Why would I want to even consider a pocketable device instead of lugging around my laptop? They need not only a "how" but a "why." Microsoft has put together a number of articles on their Windows Mobile like Organize Your Life, How To Be Creative In Business and Solve Your Top 5 Travel Nightmares.

They make for some good reading. These are the kind of links you can share with family and friends that keep asking about your device but really don't know if it would be useful to them. Who knows? Even the geeks among us could learn something new. :wink:

Old 07-17-2005, 11:02 PM
ipaq_wannabe
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to ipaq_wannabe

Ed,

Something wrong with some of the links - all I get is a "question mark" in the source code properties...

Cheers!!!

Old 07-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaq_wannabe
Something wrong with some of the links - all I get is a "question mark" in the source code properties...
That's what I get for posting in a hurry. ops: Fixed, thanks!

Old 07-17-2005, 11:24 PM
ipaq_wannabe
Thinker
Send a message via MSN to ipaq_wannabe

anyway, have converted the articles into Repligo-format - and would be reading them on today's commute...

Old 07-18-2005, 12:58 AM
MitchellO
Oracle

I plan for my next device to be the HTC Universal. THe keyboard will be great for school. Yes, it will be small, but still will be great to use for school.

I also want power, and a 520Mhz processor delivers for that. I have a 1Gb SD so storage aint a problemo.

I carry my i8600 to school every day, and it gets quite heavy. For the times I don't need VB6, the Universal could do for my what my laptop does now.

Old 07-18-2005, 04:00 AM
keirmeister
Pupil

Another thing I ask, and this is just as important since I'm an aesthetics whore: How does it look?

If I'm gonna throw down the $$$ for these devices, it better look bloody cool! 8)

- Keirmeister

Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 AM
urologyhealth
Intellectual
Send a message via Yahoo to urologyhealth
Default ONE NOTE

Is Microsoft OFFICE ONE NOTE available for our PPC?

Old 07-18-2005, 05:52 AM
bleeman
Intellectual
Default Re: ONE NOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by urologyhealth
Is Microsoft OFFICE ONE NOTE available for our PPC?
Unforutnately no it isn't. With the release of Service Pack 1 for OneNote they added in the capability to sync your PPC notes with OneNote, but it's a one-way process. However, having recently moved to a Tablet PC I have discovered one thing I wasn't aware of when I was using OneNote on my laptop. With Windows XP Tablet PC edition, I can search on, edit, etc. the notes that have come from my PPC within OneNote as the digital ink on the PPC is compatible with the digital ink on my tablet. This still doesn't get my notes back down to my PPC, but it's been a great tool. I now take my PPC around with me for quick notes, knowing when I get back to my bigger Tablet I can edit, organize etc. those notes in OneNote.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Pupil

A HP 4350 form factor, agps, a 4gp hd ,quadband phone edition and a 2200 ma battery. Windows Mobile 5.0 of course. Maybe VGA Screen, but not necessary.

A wish would be compatibility with cingulars forthcoming hspda network.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 AM
MitchellO
Oracle

The 4350 was a great device. I had it just before my Mini, and really miss the b/i WiFi and Thumboard. The thumboard was just so incredibly handy, I never imagined it would be so good. I often used it for MSN Messenger when using my laptop.