Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2005, 02:24 AM
shawnc
Pontificator
Default Need Music Player - Looking for Advice

I'm thinking of getting a dedicated music player and my needs are pretty simple. First of all, very small and lightweight. Next, must play MP3's and WMA's. Third, also accepts my 1G SD card (and possibly a 2G card).

I would prefer a flash memory unit because of the size, though with the size of hard drives I may be willing to consider a 5 or 10GB hard drive unit if it were small enough. Also, color is not necessary since that drains the battery.

Price is not a major consideration since I'm surprised at how inexpensive these units are. I guess after years of PPC's I just assumed that the music players were quite expensive.

So that's it. Just looking for some advice from the community. Any opinions, recommendations are appreciated. Direct links are GREATLY appreciated 8) .

Thanx in advance for the help.

Update - I've been looking at the Zen 6GB hard drive unit. Maybe a Hard drive unit won't be too bad so any suggestions in this direction are also appreciated.

Last Update - The Rio Carbon 6G hard drive unit has moved to the top of the list. Seems simpler (i.e. less features) and more designed for a non-techie. Downfall, no on-the-fly playlists. Now, I don't know what that means yet, but it does sound like something I'd be interested in.