Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default A Look at the E-TEN M600

http://www.eprice.com.tw/news/?news_id=2955

These Chinese to English online translations are always terrible so I'm sure most of you are just interested in seeing the pictures. ePrice Taiwan has just published a short hands-on article on the E-TEN M600, which was announced at Computex a few days ago. This 111.7mm x 60.7mm x 22.0mm device sports a 2.8" 65K-colour QVGA screen, a Samsung S3C2440 400MHz processor, 64MB RAM, 128MB ROM, GPRS/GSM - Quad-Band, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, an SDIO slot, a 1.3MP camera, a 1440mAh Li-Ion battery, Windows Mobile 5.0, and for interest's sake, Skype as well. Any of you have your eye on this one?

Old 06-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Patrick Y.
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to Patrick Y.

Looks extremely attractive and cool!! It is a miracle that Eten can fit so many things into a small device. All the new upcoming Pocket PC phones make me drool. pclove: :drool: :rotfl: There are just too many new device coming out recently. Which one is the best anyway? HTC Universal?

Old 06-05-2005, 07:16 PM
surur
Mystic

It occurs to me that if MS can make WM good enough they can make it very easy for small OEM's to chop the top of Nokia et al's high end revenue, in the same way that a large number of WM OEM's took on Palm.

Surur

Old 06-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Foo Fighter
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Foo Fighter

Nice, but will it be coming to North America? I'm desperately tempted to buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, but so many of these devices are either not coming until late next this year/early next, or not coming to the US. Talk about frustration! :|

Old 06-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Patrick Y.
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
Nice, but will it be coming to North America? I'm desperately tempted to buy a Windows Mobile Smartphone, but so many of these devices are either not coming until late next this year/early next, or not coming to the US. Talk about frustration! :|

I can feel your pain. :cry:

Old 06-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Ploobers
Ponderer

This unit felt pretty good holding it, both to use as a PDA and as a phone, but it was pretty darn ugly.

I did talk to them about their plans to bring it to the USA, and they said that they didn't have any because of all the red tape and restrictions the FCC puts on imported units. Don't hold your breath waiting for this one boys...

Old 06-06-2005, 12:07 AM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

Darn it, it's a pretty sweet looking unit. I'd seriously consider buying one.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Patrick Y.
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploobers
This unit felt pretty good holding it, both to use as a PDA and as a phone, but it was pretty darn ugly.

I did talk to them about their plans to bring it to the USA, and they said that they didn't have any because of all the red tape and restrictions the FCC puts on imported units. Don't hold your breath waiting for this one boys...
Darn ugly? DARN UGLY? (sorry) I think it is the coolest-looking device ever!

Old 06-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Darren Behan
Intellectual

I have the M500 and it's a great device except it gets horrible reception compared to my previous PDA2K. Don't know why that is but that would be the only thing that would prevent me from upgrading to this device.

I would think that you could get this device in the US by ordering from the UK as I did with the M500. Makes support a bit of a headache but luckily I haven't needed it so far.

db

Old 06-06-2005, 03:36 AM
MitchellO
Oracle

Looks really fat!

I've got my eyes on the Universal 0X