Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-26-2005, 03:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Texas Hold 'Em from Birdsoft

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...productId=96629

"Are you looking for a great game of Texas Hold 'Em for your Pocket PC? Well you've found the best! The top selling "All-In Hold'Em" has just been updated to Version 2.0. We've packed tons of new features into the game. Twelve New Characters, Career Mode with Multi-Table Tournaments, Starting Hand Tips, Pot Limit, Auto Rebuy, New Graphics, and a completely revamped Artificial Intelligence that now includes Tilting and Tells are just some of the many changes. We've taken the top Windows Mobile Poker Game and made it even better."

Poker seems to be the game of the year, so if you want to practice your chops, Birdsoft has the app for you. [Affiliate]

Old 05-26-2005, 04:00 AM
NeilE
Ponderer

Oooooh, I loved the previous release of this game and played it non-stop on the plane a couple of times on the way to conferences. Can't wait to try out v2!

Neil

Old 05-26-2005, 06:19 AM
Iznot Gold
Intellectual
Default Trial not working for me

When I installed the trial on my hx4700, it just caused my ppc to freeze when I tried to launch the app! Now uninstalled (

Cheers

David

Old 05-26-2005, 06:39 AM
Dave Beauvais
Pontificator
Default Re: Trial not working for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznot Gold
When I installed the trial on my hx4700, it just caused my ppc to freeze when I tried to launch the app! Now uninstalled (
Yeah. there's a note in the Version History section of the BirdSoft Web page for that game that it's got problems when run on the hx4700. They say the problem will be corrected soon.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
DaleReeck
Sage

It appears to be a free upgrade for 1.x users too. That's what I like to see

Old 05-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Dalantech
Ponderer

That game has been my addiction since the first version, and the second is even more addictive! Excellent!

Old 05-26-2005, 02:34 PM
larrywms45
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to larrywms45
Default Texas Holdem Problems

:?

I bought this program for my Toshiba e805. The demo version loaded and played; the purchased version does not work. It won't load but does freeze my PDA so I have to do a soft reset. Anyone care to venture a guess or solution

Old 05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

I guess I'm glad I read this before installing to my HX4700. The 1.3 version had some serious AI opponents as it was. If 2.0 version has made it even tougher I may never win.

Playing this on a regular basis has really helped me when getting together for poker night with friends. I almost always make the final table now, and usually take one of the top 2-3 spots and in the money. :mrgreen:

I can't wait until the 4700 bugs are worked out so I can try the new features.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Birdiestyle
Intellectual

The e805's problem is probably the same thing as the 4700 and will be fixed shortly.

Im trying hard to track it down this morning. If a 4700 owner (all of my active forum posters must be busy) would be willing to run a beta found in my discussion forums and send me a log file it creates, I think I should be able to get a fix out for them today... It should point me right to the cause(fingers crossed).

For everyone else, I hope you enjoy the new version....!!!

Thanks

Brian
Birdsoft.net

Old 05-26-2005, 09:34 PM
dweir
Neophyte

I'm a version 1.x owner. How do I upgrade for free to 2.0??