Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Save $750 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin...&type=3&subid=0

"Save $750 on select Inspiron� notebook purchases of $1499 or more (before tax and shipping)! Not combinable with Inspiron notebooks containing Celero n Processors, Inspiron 2200s, Deals of the Week, Outrageous Deals, dollars off, percentages off and select other promotions. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Coupon code expires after first 10,000 uses, or when the limited quantities available through this offer are depleted, whichever is earlier. Offers subject to change. View details in My Cart. Enter coupon code at checkout to receive this offer. Coupon Code: J096TQ8TFFG2VX."

This is off-topic, but I figured that everyone like saving money, so if you're looking for a new laptop this is a hard deal to beat (only open to people in the US unfortunately). Saving $750 off a notebook of $1499 is a tasty 50% discount, which you won't see other notebook companies offering. I'm quite stunned at some of the awesome deals Dell offers people! If you want to use the above coupon, please click the link below, configure your notebook, and use the coupon.

DELL Notebook Specials - Limited Time Offer!

This will be post all over the Web at 8 AM CST, and it's only good for 10,000 uses, so you can bet it will get used up fast. And if you order through the link, a small % of your order comes back to support this site. We both win.

UPDATE: It looks like the coupon only lasted 48 minutes, which is about what I expected. That's 10,000 laptops ordered in 48 minutes. Wow! 8O Guess it pays to get up early and be a subscriber to get those email blasts eh?

Old 04-13-2005, 02:22 PM
MitchellO
Oracle

I wish Dell australia had such good coupons. We never get great deals like that. Only ones on high systems. Yeah, you get AU$1000 off a AU$4000 system, but what would be nice is AU$500 off a AU$1500, or $1400 unit, Like you guys get.

Old 04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellO
I wish Dell australia had such good coupons. We never get great deals like that. Only ones on high systems. Yeah, you get AU$1000 off a AU$4000 system, but what would be nice is AU$500 off a AU$1500, or $1400 unit, Like you guys get.
I hear ya - I wish this coupon was good in Canada. I don't really NEED a new laptop right now, but it would be nice anyway. :mrgreen:

Old 04-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

So has anyone used this coupon yet? If so, what did you order? Spec-whore away! :lol:

Old 04-13-2005, 02:25 PM
MitchellO
Oracle

Its been out about 20mins. How'd you get it before everyone else? You said is would be abuzz at 8, but you posted at 7?

Old 04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellO
Its been out about 20mins. How'd you get it before everyone else? You said is would be abuzz at 8, but you posted at 7?
I'm a Dell affiliate, so we got notice of it yesterday. And it's 8 AM central time, which is 7 AM mountain time - you're probably in my time zone. ;-)

Old 04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
nobody
Ponderer

Thanks for the info. But it does not apply to Inspiron 700m. It says expired.

Old 04-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Andy Whiteford
Sage

The Inspiron 9300 says expired as well and that was at 9am CST.

Old 04-13-2005, 03:48 PM
cubed
Pupil

I configured a 600m and it also states that the coupon is expired. Any idea what the coupon does work for?

Old 04-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Swordsman74
Pupil

The bargain sites are reporting that this coupon hit its limit of 10,000 uses within 48 minutes of going live at 6am PST... I had already gotten my dad's hopes up and then I had to call and tell him he wouldn't be getting his laptop at half-price...