Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 04-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Your Pocket PC: An Isotope-Free Handheld Lead Analyzer

http://www.innov-xsys.com/products/inspector.html

"Innov-X Systems, Inc. announces the world�s first isotope-free handheld lead analyzers. The new "Inspector Series" enables fast, accurate analysis of lead paint and other heavy metal contaminants on surfaces, wipes, in air, liquids, and soil. The new analyzers eliminate isotope speed loss and high replacement costs. Innov-X's breakthrough design uses an x-ray tube in a compact, ergonomically designed handheld unit with a pocket PC for unprecedented utility in a portable analyzer. This affords easy operation and fast readings, within 2-3 seconds. Using the PDA also enables fast data entry and on-the-spot report generation for productive inspections."

If you enjoy analysing chemical content, then I must say, this is a pretty neat way to use your Pocket PC. Innov-X Systems claims that the iPAQs used in their handheld lead analyzers come with up to 1GB of space, Bluetooth and GPS. The press release can be accessed from here, and if you're interested in checking out the company's product page, click here. If you look hard enough, you'd almost be fooled into thinking that this was a handheld speed radar gun.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:09 PM
foebea
Intellectual

"Innov-X Systems, Inc. announces the world�s first isotope-free handheld lead analyzers" which enables fast, accurate analysis of lead and other heavy metal contaminants and is able to play Worms World Party, Kasparov Chessmate and can play feature films, such as 'Spaceballs', 'Gladiator' and 'Gone with the wind'.

Lead Techs the world over rejoice, and join the throngs awaiting the PPC debut of Riven.

^_^

Old 04-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Lex
Sage

I want one to aim at other cars speeding in my neighborhood. They don't stop for my wife's blow-dryer anymore ! 8O

Old 04-08-2005, 09:34 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
I want one to aim at other cars speeding in my neighborhood. They don't stop for my wife's blow-dryer anymore ! 8O
The key word is other, eh?

Old 04-08-2005, 09:38 PM
mr_Ray
Intellectual

Considering that every atom is actually an isotope, I have to flag this product up as 'vapourware'. :mrgreen:

(Sorry, bad physics nazi there)

Old 04-10-2005, 04:57 PM
pr0vider
Ponderer

Ever notice that every one of these arcane hookups of PDA/whatever, feature an Ipaq 2210/15 at the helm?? :wink:

Old 04-10-2005, 05:48 PM
foebea
Intellectual

Cant really blame em, it is nearly the perfect PPC.

also it may have something to do with the design, whereas many ppcs are rectangle, the 2215 is wider at the top than the bottom, so it may be for added structural integrity to thier own design.

I am of course pulling that out of my . . . shoe. yes. shoe.
so it may be way off.

Old 04-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Lex
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by foebea
Cant really blame em, it is nearly the perfect PPC...
All they forgot was the record button.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Cybrid
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0vider
Ever notice that every one of these arcane hookups of PDA/whatever, feature an Ipaq 2210/15 at the helm?? :wink:
Nope! Dell Axim X5!

And as for the radar gun....I thought Spock finally got around to building us a tricorder/phase pistol combo. :devilboy: