Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2005, 12:09 AM
DVallot
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to DVallot
Default "Dial via bluetooth" handoff to headset

I am currently outfitted with a HX4705, a BT250 Jabra headset, and a Sony Ericsson T610 from T-Mobile that I use for bluetooth dial up networking. One feature I have come to know and love is the "Dial via Bluetooth" for contacts. I can effortlessly select a contact on my pda to dial, and as soon as my phone starts dialing my headset kicks in and I am ready to talk.

I *thought* this was pretty standard fare with Bluetooth phones, but I have recently been playing with a Verizon-branded Motorola V710 and while it *does* now support the DUN profile and dialing a contact from the phone book, it does *not* seem to hand off the connection to my headset so I may begin talking. It seems to only want to work with one or the other, ie to use DUN profile, I must have my headset off, and vice versa. It seems to support the profiles necessary for this kinda stuff, can anyone enlighten me as to why this phone is different?