Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default DIOTEK Releases DioPen 6.0

http://www.diotek.co.kr/english/pro...roduct_wce6.asp

"DioPen 6.0 for WM 2003/Pocket PC is a powerful handwriting recognition software for devices with Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 OS, Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SE, and Pocket PC OS. With DioPen 6.0 users can input Hangul and alpha-numeric characters by writing on touch screen or tapping on software keyboard. DioPen 6.0 provides improved handwriting recognition performance and additional powerful features."

DioPen is quite a popular Korean/English SIP for the Pocket PC. Version 6.0, which was just released, includes a whole collection of new features such as: an enhanced user interface, cursive English support, an alternate 'Sasung Hangul' input method, sound effects, Korean to Chinese conversion, and much more. A full breakdown of all the updates/changes can be found at the main DioPen webpage. The Pocket PC Thoughts software store has a trial version of DioPen 6.0, which can be downloaded here (ARM), here (SH3) and here (MIPS). The full version costs $19.95.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:38 AM
marovada
Pupil

Just to warn people - and I note that this is only my personal experience. Despite a personal request, I never ever received a registration code, despite having paid for the previous version of Diopen. I even made more than one complaint to Handango and never received even an acknowledgement of my complaint, let alone a refund.

The demo of the previous version also turned some of my PPC menus and some parts of the today screen into Korean.

Anyone have a better experience?

Old 03-24-2005, 12:23 PM
frax
Pupil

marovada, I have never bought anything from them, but I have had very good communications with Dio staff relating to a TIP for Tablet PC -- I was enquiring about a TIP announced on their web page, but it is not available in English (only in Korean). The guy even sent me a (Korean) zip-file with the sofware (which I didn't use in the end, couldn't read the instructions).

Old 03-24-2005, 01:41 PM
JVL
Ponderer

I have had tie exact same experiance with Handango.
Thats why I will never do buisness with them again.
However; if you call your credit card company and file a complaint,
they will backcharge them and you will see a credt on your statment.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:13 PM
ignar
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marovada
The demo of the previous version also turned some of my PPC menus and some parts of the today screen into Korean.

Anyone have a better experience?
You can change this easily by going to "regional settings" and select "English (United States)". I'm currently using an old version, and reluctant to upgrade. First, I don't see much advantage from upgrades since I mostly read rather than write Korean on my PocketPC and older versions do this well enough. Second, to register, you have to connect to the Diotek server and they will authorize based on your device ID. Possible privacy issue aside, I hate this system because I need to reauthorize whenever my unit gets hard reset or I get a new device. To make it even worse, they allow users to change a device id only once. So, if I upgraded my PocketPC two times, I would need to buy a new license.