Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default WebIS Money 2 Released

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...3&productType=2

"WebIS Money is an innovative entry-level finance application for the Pocket PC. Its purpose is to be simple, easy to use, and accurate for basic checkbook activities. Version 1.0 provides all of that and more. It does all the basics including multiple accounts, categorized transactions and transaction reconciliation as well as more advanced functions like Pie charts and Bar charts of your expenses. You can import and export your Quicken� data via QIF files to keep your information up to date with a desktop finance app. For example, you can enter transactions during the day and then import them into your finance app at the end of day. Money 2.0 greatly improves upon the QIF import of version 1.0 providing date format options and many bug fixes."

The folk at WebIS have just graced us with an update of WebIS Money. Version 2.0 greatly improves the QIF importing function, the graphical analysis tools, and it now has even greater support for screens of all shapes and sizes. The Pocket PC Thoughts software store has a trial version on offer. If you like it, it can be purchased at the low price of $9.99.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:23 PM
archinemnon
Pupil

I've been looking for a good checkbook program for a while now. Has anyone used this? Anyone know of a good free program that does the same thing? I don't really care about all the charts and graphs, I just want a simple ledger for tracking my expenses. I was about to resign to setting up an excel spreadsheet to do it for me.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:34 PM
dommasters
Intellectual
Default Here's a freebie.

Mastersoft Money Lite is free and has graphs, reporting and charts:

http://www.mastersoftmobilesolutions...eyLiteFull.exe

Not sure how it compares tho'.
Cheers,
Dom

Old 03-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

I highly recommend spb Finance. I have used it for ever. I used to use MS Pocket Money but then had to install Money on my desktop to back up my data. I hate money. It is a HUGE program. I just wanted a check book not a financial advisor...

So when spb finance came out it was exactly what i needed. My pocket pc is my primary computer anyway so the standard version ws perfect. There are also money and quicken versions available but i don't want any desktop software.

I have version 1.0 of webis money and wasn't impressed with it. I'm sure 2.0 is better but i would guess no where near as nice as spb finance.

I've not used mastersoft money but from the screen shots i've seen the UI is kinda cluttered. but if it's free it might be worth a try.

Old 03-24-2005, 04:10 PM
archinemnon
Pupil

I'm giving MSMSMoney a run through right now. It seems fairly easy to use and you sure can't beat the price. So far I'm quite happy with it.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:16 PM
VanHlebar
Intellectual

I would also take a look at CashOrganizer Deluxe from http://www.inesoft.com. It is a little pricey, but it is a very solid program and it too has an addon for MS Money sync.

I like WebIS Money, but I am waiting for a few more features to be added. I know Alex and his team will add the new features to the application in the future I am sure and at that time I may very well make the change.

-Eric

Old 03-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Pat Logsdon
Magi

How long does it take to make entries? I seem to recall that the 1.0 version required perhaps 5 or 6 extra taps over what Mastersoft Money offers. While the UI is nice, this is ultimately what killed it for me - it just took way too much time.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:16 PM
alex_kac
Thinker

I should mention - we aren't competing against SPB Finance or Mastersoft Money. Not yet anyway We have a goal in mind with Money and where its going to go, and as usual it doesn't really fit in with where the others are going. Our app is starting off as really an information management system for money. That may give a bit of a hint of where we are going with it.