Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 03-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts
Default Pocket PC's Save Money!?!

http://davesipaq.com/news/004603/lahey_clinic_ipaq

"Lahey Clinic has saved about $1 million per year since it fully implemented a hand-held charge capture system in 2003, says Linda A. Cagle, senior vice president, support services... The automation has resulted in the elimination of lost charges and an increase in the accuracy of claims, which have led to financial savings for Lahey. The clinic also has been able to eliminate several full-time employees that previously were responsible for entering the charges, which also has led to savings, Cagle says. "

This article from Dave's iPAQ highlights something that we rarely see quantified - the amount of money and time saved by utilizing mobile devices to their potential. More often than not, Pocket PCs are purchased by companies who are sold on their potential to save money in the long run, but do not see actual numbers to that effect. I suppose this is one case where we can see that benefit, can turn a myth of saving money into a fact, and a nice example to cite when winning converts How many of you have seen a quantified difference in your workplace after rolling out some sort of mobile technology?

Old 03-23-2005, 02:49 PM
surur
Mystic

A real success story. It occurs to me that there is no forum for business users of pocketpc's on this website. These people may not care about wmp 10, but may have a lot of interest in the latest symbol solution, and people who have implemented it already.

Does starting such a forum sound like a good idea?

Surur

Old 03-23-2005, 03:35 PM
lorettaboy
Pupil
Default Re: Pocket PC's Save Money!?!

Ouch! Well, I guess it is good that they are saving money. But I shure wouldn't want to be one of those several individuals who had their FT jobs terminated!

Old 03-23-2005, 04:08 PM
mv
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorettaboy
Ouch! Well, I guess it is good that they are saving money. But I shure wouldn't want to be one of those several individuals who had their FT jobs terminated!
Yap. Those poor people must be hating pocket pc�s by now. I guess this is just the way things are... in the long run is always better to free economy resources to satisfy other needs.

Old 03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Jon Westfall
Executive Editor, Android Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv
Yap. Those poor people must be hating pocket pc�s by now.
Hey, Palm needs to have some customer base don't they? :twisted:

Old 03-23-2005, 04:47 PM
SteveHoward999
Pontificator

wow - so they were failing to charge for everything before? It's not as if Medicine is not already expensive in the USA ...

So tell me - since they are now more profitable by $1,000,000 a year, are they going to reduce costs for the patient?

... Somehow the cynic in me says no ...

Old 03-23-2005, 11:31 PM
mv
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHoward999
So tell me - since they are now more profitable by $1,000,000 a year, are they going to reduce costs for the patient?
No, you can bet they�ll charge more. Unemployed people get stressed. Stressed people gets sick. Round bussines.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: