Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Pocket Food Additives Released

http://www.pocketpcsoft.com/foodadditives.asp

"Check if the food you buy contains additives dangerous to your health. Have you ever wondered what all of those e-numbers actually mean? This free application contains list of food additives by e-number or by name telling you which to avoid. Also additives that children, asthmatics, vegetarians and people with health problems should avoid."

I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this sort of thing, but if you have a burning desire to know everything there is to know about food additives, then I suppose this free application may just be for you. Pocket Food Additives supports Pocket PC 2002 and all Windows Mobile 2003 devices. A PC-based version is also available.

Old 03-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

I just thinks its sad that we even need something to explain what all the crud they put in the food is.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:34 PM
VisualMonster
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to VisualMonster

Nice app, I'm vegan and try to avoid eating random additives, especially those that I can't even pronounce!

I think some of their data might be incorrect though:
1) Casein they have Animal Origin: No, but it comes from Milk, therefore it should be yes.
2) Carotene, they have Animal Origin: Yes, but it comes from fruits or vegetables.

Still nice to have though.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I think it'd be important to have different classes of Animal Origin to accomodate vegetarians vs. vegans...

But this is interesting.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualMonster
1) Casein they have Animal Origin: No, but it comes from Milk, therefore it should be yes.
Good point. Perhaps their definition of "animal origin" is a little skewed.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Wey
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualMonster
Good point. Perhaps their definition of "animal origin" is a little skewed.
Yes, but there's the "won't eat meat or other things that cause the death of an animal" crowd, and then there's the "won't eat anything from an animal" crowd. Hence the need for two categories.

Old 03-12-2005, 03:01 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati Compton
Yes, but there's the "won't eat meat or other things that cause the death of an animal" crowd, and then there's the "won't eat anything from an animal" crowd. Hence the need for two categories.
Ok, that's trippy. It's the weekend Kati - you shouldn't be making me think so hard! :lol: