Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 02-11-2005, 01:40 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Spb Pocket Plus 2.5 Released

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...1&productType=2

"Spb Software House has just released a new version of the world's most popular Pocket PC application - Spb Pocket Plus. Spb Pocket Plus 2.5 introduces new idea of Spb product integration. Every new release of Spb products featuring Today plug-ins from now on can be embedded as separate tabs in Spb Pocket Plus Today plug-in. For example the updated version of Spb GPRS Monitor (starting from version 2.3) can be placed now in tab of Pocket Plus plug-in thus saving Today screen area. The new feature is implemented with the idea to save maximum Today screen user area and to provide better Pocket PC user experience."

Many of you are familiar with the excellent features that Spb Pocket Plus delivers. The release of 2.5 raises the bar even further by including product integration amongst some of the other Spb products (that includes Spb Finance and Spb GPRS Monitor, as well as a couple others that may surface in the future). I suggest you try it if you haven't already. It's a whole lot of joy being able to save even more space on the today screen. A trial version or the full version (for $19.95) can be found at Handango. [Affiliate]

Old 02-11-2005, 01:56 AM
foebea
Intellectual

In my opinion, and that of at least 3 other people, there is one option which is still missing, and which now seems even more possible

I want to include other today screen items in tabs. I want to put a newsreader on 1 tab, apps on another, games on a third, weather and such on a fourth, etc. (as it was in a gone but not forgotten app, todayplus. i think that was its name )

I hope this is not too much to ask for

Ever your customer,

foebea

Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 AM
bnycastro
Sage
Send a message via MSN to bnycastro Send a message via Yahoo to bnycastro

off topic: sbsh.net's pocketbreeze has calendar tab, task tab, special events tab, contacts tab (additional tab), and is compatible with pocket rss (additional tab).

I hope this version can now read the sd card memory of HTC devices. didn't see any info about this issue on the main page for spb pplus... will be reading the FAQ now.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:33 AM
bnycastro
Sage

ok i have installed ver 2.5 and still no memory card support for HTC (well i-mate JAM atleast) memory card data in the today plugin. it's kinda frustrating for me since I really like this app (had it on my iPAQ) I wrote customer support a few days ago and they said that the next release would include support for HTC memory cards but this turned out to be not true :cry: I guess it's back to omegaone's batt pack pro for now...

Old 02-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnycastro
off topic: sbsh.net's pocketbreeze has calendar tab, task tab, special events tab, contacts tab (additional tab), and is compatible with pocket rss (additional tab).
The problem is, these are more PIM tabs than actual program tabs. Spb is offering something a little different.

Old 02-11-2005, 02:41 AM
bnycastro
Sage

i know this. but just wanted to share that pbreeze already has the newfeed thingie, maybe if has pbreeze he should try it out since it still saves today screen space imo and it's also 1 click only :lol:

Old 02-11-2005, 02:52 AM
TheWolfen
Ponderer

The best new feature for Dell x50v owners... a working brightness slider!!! :mrgreen:

Old 02-11-2005, 02:52 AM
ignar
Thinker

Where can I find a change log? I can't find it on their website. If the integration of SPB products are only major enhancement, I don't have a reason to upgrade. (PocketPlus is only app I use from SPB.) But, based on relatively big jump from 2.2 to 2.5, I suppose there should be other improvements.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:40 AM
bnycastro
Sage

been testing it out and i think you can make more tabs than in ver 2.2...

what the heck i don't need to see my memory card data all the time! I am uninstalling battpackpro and going back to spb pplus! I can't get over the tabs and of course it's skinnable (well the today meters i mean)

what i would like to know is how to make a custom link/shortcut for pplus to a program... I'd like to make a link to bluetooth since my bt icon is missing since installing today plugins. anybody has any ideas???

Old 02-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Jonathan_w
Pupil

Yeah you could look for your Bluetooth Manager file in the windows directory and create a shortcut of that file in Program files.
And also to create a custom file for Pocket Plus: go to pocket plus settings tap on Today Plugin, select the tab you want the icon in, than tap on item. next click on the dropdown and select custom. from that widow tap on Add which is located on the buttom corner of the screen. from there you should have no problem.
You also stated in a previous post that you wanted weather in one of the tabs check out this link, and read the NEW listing. http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en