Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Fitaly 3.5 Released - Win One Of Ten Copies!

http://www.fitaly.com/board/winceforum/posts/1975.html

Fitaly 3.5 has been released by Textware, with the primary enhancement being VGA support. There have been a few other tweaks as well. Overall, the size of Fitaly 3.5 is smaller than 3.0, which is very important on an app such as this that must be loaded in RAM. :way to go: You may start to see skins for the keyboard too as they changed the way the bitmaps work.

So, here is the contest. Reply in this thread your funniest reason for why you wouldn't want to use Fitaly. The crazier the better. I'll lock this thread by Friday and, with the help of the folks at Textware, pick the winners this weekend and announce them by Monday or Tuesday.

If you are an existing Fitaly 3.0 owner, there are two upgrade paths. If you purchased it within the last 6 months, 3.5 is a free upgrade, so you don't need to enter the contest. You can still put in a funny entry though and just say "No Prize Needed" in the first line of the post. if you purchased it more than 6 months ago, then the upgrade is $15.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
draiken
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to draiken Send a message via Yahoo to draiken

Actually I have 2 reasons....

1.- To annoy my boss asking him to repeat himself while taking notes at meetings while I tap with my finger on the built in keyboard, pressing 2-3 keys at each attempt

2.- To spend a lot of time trying to figure out the Graffiti-ish implementation on my pocketpc

Old 01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
ppeltier
Pupil

I hate typing!! ops: :wink:

Old 01-19-2005, 04:12 PM
thunderck
Intellectual

Because I am blond and the keyboard is all different and stuff. It is hard enough to type, chew gum, talk on the phone, and twirl my hair if the keyboard was normal. So then I was like......

:roll: it was worth a shot....

Old 01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
KTamas
Thinker

I wouldnt use it cause i prefer PHM Character map for input: i can get all chars(including ~ˇ^˘�˛`˙�˝����$ߤ!), and i can do an awesome 5 word/per minute!!

Old 01-19-2005, 04:20 PM
binstpa
Intellectual

1. because I enjoy the 3-5 minutes a day when things slow down while I try to input a new contact with the person impatiently standing next to me thinking how inefficient these devices are.

2. because I don't need the temptation of becoming an uber-inputer that competes in the Fitaly competition.

3. because I think I would rather wait and get the infarred keyboard thingy

4. because I am a law student and if I do work on my pocket pc without fitaly I will be able to bill more hours at astronimically high prices to clients next year.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:21 PM
gabrandt
Pupil

the number one reason why I wouldn't want to use Fitaly - I'm blind and there isn't a brail version.

no insult intended to the actual blind readers.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

Oh well. It would be nice to have the neat colors and such. I just don't have a 2003 SE device. As, I imagine, most WM users don't.

Thanks for the upgrade, guys!

Old 01-19-2005, 04:33 PM
baker
Thinker

The kids would think something is wrong with the keyboard and quit asking me to "use" my PPC.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:33 PM
smellycamel
Neophyte

Why wouldn't I use FITALY?

I can think of a couple reasons:

1. Because I don't have opposable thumbs.
2. Because I have a tiny bluetooth keyboard in my mouth
3. Because I invented QWERTY, and now I'm sad
4. Because I have a beautiful Axim X50v, and I'm not worthy of touching it or even thinking about it (Oops.). I carry it around in a static-free hermetically sealed pouch and use PENCIL v3.5.
....and....
5. Because I don't know how to speak FITALIAN.