Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Unofficial Bluetooth Stack "Upgrade" For iMate PDA2k

Fellow MVP Helio Diamant, of Pocket PC Freak, has gotten a fantastic little nugget for iMate PDA2k owners:

Quote:
A friend of mine has just come back from CES and brought with him a little CAB file that was being given by the guys from Broadcom there. They told him we can publish and offer for download, so I am putting it here to you guys too.<br /><br />When installed, this CAB adds the following profiles to the Broadcom BT stack in the PDA2K:<br /><br />1. High-Quality Audio<br />2. Keyboard<br /><br />This means that those of you holding stereo headsets can now connect them to PDA2k and here music, navigation instructions, etc from the device. As well, Bluetooth Keyboards are supposed to work well.
<br />Early reports suggest it works with a number of devices, including both HTC Blue Angel and HTC Harrier units; it might work with other Broadcom-based (i.e., Widcomm) Bluetooth units, but there's no guarantee. If you're interested in playing with it, you can <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/parekh/misc/PDA2K_BroadcomCorp_BTUpdate.cab">download the CAB here</a>. <b>Note: This update is unofficial and unsupported; install it at your own risk, and do a backup first!</b> As far as I know, it's a RAM update, but I haven't tried it. Good luck if you do. 8)<br /><br /><b>UPDATE BY JASON:</b> Broadcom Corporation, through their law firm Sheppard Mullin, has sent me a message that essentially amounts to the fact that this CAB file was never meant for distribution, our offering of it was without Broadcom's permission (despite what we were told), and that unless we removed the file from our server, we'd be <i>"potentially subjecting you and your website's viewers to a host of legal remedies"</i>. Since I don't want to be sued, the CAB file has been removed and this thread has been locked. You know, I really wish these companies would learn that they can just contact us and have a discussion, person to person, rather than getting lawyers involved.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:14 PM
24va
Intellectual

ok, will be the first to ask. High Quality Audio, will they now be able to use the BT headset by HP?
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1Cor 1:18 In hand:*Axim x50v; 2gb SD; 4gb CF;*LG 325 Contributing Editor - pocketnow.com

Old 01-14-2005, 07:31 PM
dignow96
Ponderer

I just installed it to my imate Jam. I've been looking for this ever since I got my Jam and it wouldn't talk to my BT keyboard. No immediate ill effects from the download but that's all I can report right now. My BT keyboard is at the office so I'll have to get it hooked up tomorrow morning. Will let you know if this patch was sucessful in making these two devices talk to each other.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default e830?!?!?!

Please tell me this lets you use a bluetooth keyboard on the toshiba e830!!! I may just have to try it.

Old 01-14-2005, 07:37 PM
maximum360
Ponderer
Send a message via Yahoo to maximum360

I wonder if this will work with the XV6600 or PPC6600?

Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 PM
dignow96
Ponderer

Found the keyboard driver and loaded it up. This cab file didn't do the trick. THe keyboard is still telling me to "upgrade" to the Widcom or Socket BT stack to use the keyboard. Back to looking...

Old 01-14-2005, 07:46 PM
stevew
Theorist

If anyone with a Cingular sx 66 tries this please post your results. I dont want to be the first :lol:

Old 01-14-2005, 09:09 PM
zohaer21
Ponderer

hi
me and half the imate owners would be asking this "does it let you listen to mp3s thru the BT head set????"
thanks

Old 01-14-2005, 09:16 PM
marcm
Intellectual

All right everyone, some AMAZING news...
Here it comes...
IT WORKS WITH MY DELL AXIM X30 HIGH!!!
It messes up the today screen, but all you have to do to fix this is change the theme. After that, you can change it back. I was able to do BT ActiveSync, so obviously BT works fine, and the new profiles are there. Remember to do a backup just in case. I will test the keyboard profile later...

Old 01-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dignow96
I just installed it to my imate Jam. I've been looking for this ever since I got my Jam and it wouldn't talk to my BT keyboard. No immediate ill effects from the download but that's all I can report right now. My BT keyboard is at the office so I'll have to get it hooked up tomorrow morning. Will let you know if this patch was sucessful in making these two devices talk to each other.
Sorry Dude! It ain't gonna work with the JAM. It is an update for the Widcomm stack by Broadcom. The JAM uses the Microsft Bluetooth stack.