Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 12-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default The Long Awaited i-mate PDA2k ROM Update - Now Available

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?...EVICE_PDA2K_BT3

i-mate have just released a ROM update for the PDA2k. The update offers significant enhancements in radio, audio, Bluetooth and the stability of the operating system. You may download the ROM update here, but you must be an i-mate member to gain access to it. Membership details are listed on their website.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:37 PM
thanos255
Intellectual

Wow my other name on the front page of ppc thoughts.......I am speachless!!!

Thanos255 = DeathtoToasters

Old 12-30-2004, 09:11 PM
palmsolo
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to palmsolo

Check out xda-developers.com too for more details on this ROM update, including direct links to the update and directions on how to install it. There is also a QTEK 9090 ROM that was released a couple weeks ago that is the same, except for the Bluetooth stack updates. You can update the BT Stack in the QTEK ROM too by installing the 9090 update files (2 of them).

I also found a very helpful link that allows you to install this ROM update after backing up with Sprite Backup and then restoring all your databases, apps, settings, etc. to your device with the new ROM. The instructions can be found here (http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/an...wse.aspx%23p17). I always went through a complete fresh install of everything doing ROM updates in the past and din't even know Sprite had this ability.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:18 PM
urologyhealth
Intellectual
Send a message via Yahoo to urologyhealth
Default ROM UPDATE

I assume this is only for PDA2K and NOT for Siemens SX66??

Old 12-31-2004, 02:55 AM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos255

I didn't know that was you!

Dave

Old 12-31-2004, 02:59 AM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmsolo

I also found a very helpful link that allows you to install this ROM update after backing up with Sprite Backup and then restoring all your databases, apps, settings, etc. to your device with the new ROM. The instructions can be found here (http://spritesoftware.crmdesk.com/an...wse.aspx%23p17). I always went through a complete fresh install of everything doing ROM updates in the past and din't even know Sprite had this ability.
Hey palmsolo,

Have you tried the Sprite backup app? I have been a bit hesitant to try it. It just seem like a very complex job to carry out.

Dave

Old 12-31-2004, 03:13 AM
palmsolo
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to palmsolo

Paragon,

I did successfully follow this procedure and use Sprite Backup. I have over 50 apps on my device so this still saved me tons of time and kept all my settings in place.

BT is now better with mt headsets and my device no longer turns on every minute or so.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:14 AM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos255

Simple. You provide the name. I list it as a source on the front page. If you want Thanos255 next time, feel free to knock yourself out. :P

Old 12-31-2004, 03:16 AM
Darius Wey
Default Re: ROM UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by urologyhealth
I assume this is only for PDA2K and NOT for Siemens SX66??
It is only for the PDA2K. Updating variants of the device with this ROM may render it unusable, so I'd strongly suggest that you wait for a device-specific one to be released.

Old 12-31-2004, 03:46 AM
Paragon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmsolo
Paragon,

I did successfully follow this procedure and use Sprite Backup. I have over 50 apps on my device so this still saved me tons of time and kept all my settings in place.

BT is now better with mt headsets and my device no longer turns on every minute or so.
I had a few liitle problems with mine that just reflashing would fix, and did, but now I'm noticing other problems. Quite regularly today it would lock up when I ended a call, needeing a soft reset to get going again.

Bluetooth seems to be a lot better for most, but not everyone. I still can't use it as a modem with my laptop. I can with my desktop.....I just don't need it on my DSL connected desktop. I couldn't before the patches came out, so this may be at least partly an issue with my laptop.....I still miss my MDA II.

Dave