Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default Gomadic Release Dell X50 Series Phone Cables

http://www.gomadic.com/deaxx5in.html

Gomadic make PDA-to-mobile-phone cables and they have just released a new one for the Axim X50/X50v series. The cables use a modular universal "Comcube" design and Gomadic will exchange any Phone to PDA cable for free when you change phones or PDAs. They also offer a full lifetime warranty, so they are obviously pretty confident about their product's quality. Many mobile phone models are supported and the 'wireless internet cables' (surely an oxymoron?) sell for US$39.95. For more information, have a gander at the Gomadic website. This cable would work well for those of you who don't connect your phone to Pocket PC via Bluetooth. :wink:

Old 12-24-2004, 04:21 PM
nategesner
Intellectual

Anyone have first-hand experience with these? It looks like a good deal, since they will change the cable for free any time you get a new PDA or phone.

I use Verizon and internet access is free (just uses my minutes). I can use this during nights and weekends for unlimited browsing for free, which is a pretty good deal. I just wish I were connected with BT instead of a cable, since I'm not to excited about having two gadgets and a cable in bed every night to peruse the boards. Oh well...